“By the river so nice view”

Hyatt Regency Mainz
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Mainz
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent a very pleasant seven nights ever
Liked the location and the hotel
It has a nice view to the river and a wide rooms too
A very nice club with great view
Nice lobby and friendly people too
You can walk by the river any time you like as it is very near

Room Tip: Trust me just go there
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you very much for having taken the time and effort to write a review about your stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz.

I was delighted to learn that you overall enjoyed your stay at our hotel and your kind evaluation is very much appreciated and has been shared with the team.

Your feedback is of tremendous value to us all and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.

Again, many thanks for your encouraging feedback and I hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A one night stop of 9 on a driving tour up the Rhine. Used GoldPoints for a Regency Club level stay.

I cannot recall a warmer, more efficient and thorough welcome and check in ! Katja (I hope I recall her name correctly) was OUTSTANDING . I cannot remember feeling so appreciated as a guest anywhere. Every need and question was anticipated almost like she had ESP (or was doing her job the way it should be done) and no request was too much trouble. Photocopying a few pages of my guide book so I wouldn't have to carry it, she even had it returned to my room. I will say that I observed other front desk people being similarly dedicated and professional, escorting every new guest to the elevators the explain the room card/ security feature. FYI parking 20euros.

And the room...while the upgrade to a river view was greatly appreciated, the room was spacious, modern , tasteful and fully equipped. Breathtaking design and comfort with floor to ceiling, wall to wall windows and a great view. Love Hyatt’s down duvets and pillows and comfy beds. Safe big enough for laptop. Coffee and tea set up. The bathroom large with a walk in rain head + handheld shower/ tub combination and remarkably good ventilation (no fogging up the mirror here!). Yes a tad better lighting would have made it perfect but for a leisure stay it was great.

Mainz is a lovely city. Walker friendly with it's riverside promenade and the Gutenberg Museum a worthwhile stop...more so if you are with kids (in our electronic age the printing press is almost a dinosaur now).

BUT...speaking of kids: I have to say that the abundance of children in the Regency Club would have left me quite upset if I were there on business/ paying top dollar. Especially the nonstop crying of a baby during Monday morning breakfast time. Staff at Regency Club was super. Breakfast spread and evening snacks very nice. I don't know the answer to this.....but, on the other hand this Hyatt makes it clear they will charge for bringing non hotel guest to the Club.

Room Tip: With the HUGE windows and awesome view, a river view room is a MUST/ worthwhile splurge
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz. I was delighted to learn that you so much enjoyed your stay with us and your very kind comments about our staff are very much appreciated and have been shared with the team. Please rest assured that positive words like yours have such a motivating impact and it is a real pleasure to spread them.

Above all, we were extremely pleased to read that you were impressed with Katja. Here at Hyatt Regency Mainz we have a reward program for associates that go the extra mile to please our customers. Please rest assured that Katja will get due recognition for her efforts and will be able to redeem her “Hystar” points for a variety of gifts.

Again, many thanks for your encouraging feedback and I hope that we may look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hotel location is right on the water and makes getting out of your room for a long a nice and easy thing. The rooms are very clean and nicely furnished with a modern look. Front desk staff seems to be well organized and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz and for having taken the time to comment on our hotel at Tripadvisor. Your feedback with regards to our facilities and services is very important to us and allows us to continually keep our standards and improve our performance.

We were delighted to learn that you so fully enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated.

Dear user, once again, many thanks for your encouraging feedback and we trust that we may look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

At first when we arrived I did not think it was much of an wow factor until we went inside. Everything was so perfect. The staff well trained and very helpful and friendly. We slept on the 5th floor. The view of the river Rhyn was absolutely amazing. People were riding bicycles and running and just walking along the river. There were some places to sit and just view the river that was a busy spot with boats and river cruises. The hotel was great !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz. I was delighted to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and your positive remarks, especially about our friendly and well-trained associates are so very much appreciated and have been happily shared with our entire team.

Again, many thanks for your kind evaluation and I do sincerely hope that we will have you back with us in the very near future and remain

With warm regards

Reviewed 21 May 2014

It takes the same time to get from Frankfurt Airport to Frankfurt City or Mainz.
Mainz is a brilliant alternative, charming small university town, home of the Gutenburg Bible and a fabulous cathedral and various roman ruins. It is on the banks of Rhine, with vineyards close by.
Spend five days there relaxing and touring about.Wiesbaden, Frankfurt, and the UNESCO section of the Rhine are all easy day trips.

The Hyatt makes Mainz a perfect stop. It was a very comfortable and well run hotel on the banks of the Rhine. Easy place to relax after a hectic trip, great beds, spa, and pool.

Hyatt has great staff, an excellent restaurant, very comfortable corner club room is highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFoggSydney
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you for having taken the time and effort to comment on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz. I was pleased to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive evaluation and comments, especially about our hospitality and service attitude of our employees are so very much appreciated and have been happily shared with our entire team.

If you wish, we will gladly recommend you more exciting excursion destinations in and around Mainz next time when you come to Hyatt Regency Mainz.

Again we thank you very much for your feedback and do hope that we will welcome you back with us in the very near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We enjoyed the lovely view of the Rhine from our room. The staff were very helpful in giving us directions around the city. The adjacent bar had a wonderful selection of classic cocktails and I was surprised and pleased by their quality. There is also afternoon tea offered. The breakfast buffet looked amazing, but was a bit pricey, so we had breakfast elsewhere, but for those who have it included, it looks quite excellent. The room was large and I loved the oversized bathtub.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Otto_Steenbeek_HRM, Manager at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you very much for your friendly words regarding your stay at Hyatt Regency Mainz. It will be my pleasure to share your kind remarks with our department heads, as well as the entire team.
I am immensely glad that you liked our Malakoff Bar, and for your next visit, I would like to recommend that you try our home-made iced tea or our “Rhinelemonade” while sitting at the Rheintöchter Terrace and watching the river flow by.
We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Hyatt Regency Mainz in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you are a man traveling by himself, this hotel is worth it if your company is paying. Beyond that, I cannot see the value. The front desk was VERY helpful and friendly, but that did not compensate for the smallish room; posh, but impractical bathroom and clothes closet; and total lack of electrical outlets anywhere useful.
I had to use my own mini power strip to power my phone charging, my notebook, and my rollers next to the desk. Oh - don't bother looking for plugs next to the bed either. I had to apply my makeup and do my hair at the wet bar so I could have counter space to set things down, and lighting that was constructive. Sorry, but for premium prices - no way.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I was very pleased to learn that you found our staff very helpful and service orientated.

At the same time, I have taken note of your critical feedback and am extremely sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We strive to provide guest satisfaction with our accommodation and service, but this has not been the case this time. Rest assured that we will monitor the points you raised so that we can enhance the experience for your future stays. Moreover, I would like to inform you we are already in the planning stage of extensive room renovations, and valuable feedback such as yours will be taken into consideration.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards