“Good business and conference hotel”
Review of Atrium Hotel Mainz

Atrium Hotel Mainz
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Mainz
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Good business and conference hotel”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here (Feb 2013) for two nights for a conference in the same venue. First of all ,it is a huge complex, and I heard reference being made to the Tardis. My first thought was Spinal tap. A lot of annexes seem to have been build over the years, making it a very stretched venue.
The room I stayed in was small, but clean and had all the usual comforts + extra! A small library (english and german novel) incl reading glasses, DVD with dolby surround, rain shower, ipod speakersystem.
No bath unfortunately. If your concious about your body, there are quite some large confrontational mirrors in the bathroom.
Two cons to the room: the pillow was awful! Even folded in four it was as plat as a pancake. My room was located above the bar and I could hear voices and chairs being moved until quite late.
Breakfast was good and sufficiently varied with a large choice.
Close to highway, but not to Mainz city center. Very nice surroundings.
I did not visit the spa and wellness center.

Conference facilities were very good. Lunch (served warm) was somewhat dissapointing and boring.

I can recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The Atrium is a surprisingly good hotel to be found in Mainz. Rooms are modern, well presented and spacious with some excellent design features. Having a bath in the middle of the room is certainly a welcome sight.

The restaurant also serves a good steak, and has a good list of red wines. We enjoyed the advice from the barman both on the whiskeys and cigars available, and took him up on this a number of times. Smoking room is a little small, but its nice to have the option.

The grounds of the hotel are absolutely beautiful, and deserve a walk around. Staff are welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Luke W
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed here this week as part of a business trip. The rooms are so well decorated with every touch thought out carefully . The decor reflects the name of the hotel and little things such as books to read in the room a I Pod docking station ,fluffy towels and other touches made it a nice stay.

The major downside is lack of internet . Despite staff saying it would be back up it never was at all. Speaking to people this appears to be a major issue for the hotel as its an on going problem.Sadly due to no internet I cant return

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Droopydrawrs52
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed at The Atrium for 2 nights on a business trip. I have stayed there several times before, the last time a year ago.

The hotel has very comfortable, clean rooms, varying from large single occupancy rooms to nice sized doubles and large spa type rooms. I stayed in one of the large single occupancy rooms on this stay and found it more than suitable for my 2 night stay.

The bar area is very relaxed and i enjoy to have a drink there in the evening, the bar staff are always friendly and helpful.

The breakfast choice is very good and yet again the staff are attentive and very pleasant and the food is plentiful and varied.

The only downside is the hotel is outside of the centre of Mainz so if you want to go into the town you need to get a taxi but I have stayed at other hotels in the centre of Mainz for a similar cost per night and would rather stay at The Atrium as think it is much better.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed at Atrium Hotel, Mainz, Germany from oct. 2 through Oct. 8, 2012. Located a little bit far from central Mainz, I experienced the calmness of this remote area. Actually I spent my nights at Die Rezidens, somewhat like a guest house. Quite wonderful experience to stay at this hotel !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Athens
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I never select 5 star hotels for my accommodation, however because of my job I used to travel a lot and stay in such hotels. I prefer hotels with personality, and in 5 star hotels you cannot find it. This hotel is the only 5 star that I have stayed and enjoyed so much that I would stay even if I had to pay! The interior decoration is fantastic, the place where it is built is unique and the service impeccable. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with river view
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel as I had business in Ingelheim. The staff was kind enough to upgrade my room to a suite as it was my first stay which made my stay even more enjoyable. I wouldn't have stayed here if I wanted to visit Mainz as it is outside the city center. The hotel has a nice garden and a great ambiance. Staff are extremely helpful. The only problem I had was the lack of parking in the garage as there are lots of business people staying in the hotel and the garage capacity is just not enough. Highly recommended for business and very reasonable rate for the high standard of the rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo