Advena Europa Hotel Mainz
US$69
US$59
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationold townshort walkexcellent breakfastthe riverbusinessrhinecleanlinesscurtainseurosfrankfurt
Reviewed 3 October 2010

The front desk staff was just amazing, helping with anything we asked way more than we expected, and remembering us and asking how things went. Breakfast buffet was pretty big, several choices each in the fruit, protein, and carb areas. Eggs were always badly overcooked, but that was the only thing that wasn't great besides the apathetic waitstaff. But it's a buffet, so it just means you need to pile plates to the side.
Room was good sized and clean. Like all of Germany, there was no air flow at all in the room unless a window was open, and that let in the street noise; every night there was one to three drunk people making a racket in the alley beside the hotel. Each stay comes with 1 free hour internet connection for your computer (get password from front desk) and there's a computer in the lobby that I never had to wait for. All in all a better internet deal than most hotels in Germany.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2010

Advena will provide wide space in thier rental appartment, but you have to take care of cleanings yourself. What i like is that you can have your own kitchenet in your room..thats great!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2007

I spent 4 weeks at the Advena Hotel in January of 2007.
I changed a few rooms throughout my stay, and not once have I found a clean room. Some rooms were so small that I could reach the bathroom door from my bed. The carpets were never vacuumed, and I dreaded dropping something on the floor.
Breakfast was quite good, but my company booked half-board for the entire lenght of my stay, and the food at the bistro downstair was awful.
The reception was rude and did not like our presence as guests (there were 8 of us). I had to fight with the hotel manager b/c they assigned me a room whose varnish paint smell was nauseating.
She did not want to change my room.
It's an OK hotel if you are there only for 2-3 nights, but for a long stay in definitely unbearable. Our company rescinded the contract with them soon after that. THANKFULLY!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank franstar
Reviewed 18 June 2006

Chose this place due to its close proximity to the city's Main Train Station ("Hauptbahnhof"). It is just a couple blocks from there, but the area is surprisingly quiet. Rooms were clean; with TV, double beds, private WC and shower, and excellent breakfast buffet included in the 99E price. An Internet cafe was across the road. Reservation was made through Germany-Bookings.Com with no problems. Staff was professional and courteous.

The Old City is a fifteen minute walk, and the riverfront is thirty minutes. It was difficult for me to figure out the public transit from here to the river, but I was able to do so (if you want to get to the K-D Dock, take the #60 bus).

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank RabePaul
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2004

The staff at this hotel were all friendly and welcoming throughout my stay. The woman who checked me in remembered me and greeted me by name several times when I passed through the lobby. The hotel served breakfast but no other meals, and the breakfast was varied and delicious -- good breads, cheeses, fruit salad, sometimes boiled eggs, cereal, milk, juice and good European coffee. My room was small but adequately furnished and always clean. The bells from a church a block or so away were a pleasant reminder of location. The building is fairly new and a typical Mercure chain hotel, but it always had a warm sense of location and personality in the very old city. Unfortunately, it is a bit of a walk from there to the tourist attractions such as the cathedral, but the walk is pleasant. The hotel is a very short walk to the main Mainz train station, a great convenience.

• Stayed: January 2004