“Tonight lovely food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“Tonight lovely food!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We loved this restaurant! Arrived around 6.30 without making a reservation. It was crowded but a couple of tables available.
As we only speak English we were offered a menu in English, which was much appreciated.
As a main meal, ordered a salad with grilled king prawns, mushrooms, tomatoes and a variety of lettuces in balsamic. A nice sized meal. Also a seafood pizza, 2 beers, 1 glass of white wine and a glass of sparkling mineral water, cost €33.90.
It was all delicious and value for money.
The service was attentive when needed.
You may need to book, as even outside under the umbrellas, was crowded.

• Visited July 2014

Houston, TX
“Mushy pasta, rude service”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This place is beautiful. Red walls, dim sconces, old black and white photos.

But the service was atrocious. I can get by in English, Spanish, and Italian, but not in German. I asked for the Italian-English menu and he gave me the Italian-German one. Actually, the front page was English but the rest was in German. I asked him for an English one and he said that he already gave it to me. I wasnt going to argue. It went downhill from there. When I asked about a house wine because I was in the mood for typical Italian place with 1/2 carafevof house wine, and dinner, he was very impatient and I guess he was upset that I wasn't ordering a bottle, which he pointed to.

Food: yuk! Ordinarily, when traveling, I don't go to a restaurant that tripadvisor only has a few reviews for and that they are all five-star because I am suspicious of that. But I went against my better judgment and went here. I would really be surprised if all five of these reviewers are total strangers to this restaurant owner.

I was in the mood for spicy arrabbiata. Arrabbita means "angry" in Italian, and while it may have applied to the service, it certainly did not apply to the spiciness of the pasta sauce. The pasta was mushy and gross. The sauce had almost no flavor. The olives were American-style pitted black olives a can. Very little sauce which I am fine with it as it is typical in Italy. Truly zero flavor other than the hot chilies that I added in the Parmesan. When the owner came by to ask how it was because I hadn't touched it after the first bite, I told him I prefer my pasta al dente, like in Italy. He kind of laughed and walked away. The waiter also saw that I wasn't eating the meal and he asked how it was. I told them I like my pasta al dente, not soft, and he shrugged and they truly could not have cared less than they did.

I finally decided that I was paying €20 for pasta and half liter of house wine so I ate some of it and left. I wasn't sticking around for another course or dessert. What a pity, because I really wanted to love this place.

The diners around me all ordered pizza which is clearly the thing to get here. Because of the beautiful ambience, the fact that I love almost anything Italy, and that the German diners who had pizza seemed happy, I will give it a two star rather than a one.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Little Italy”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Excellent italian restaurant in centre of Mainz. Superb food, authentic staff and lovely atmosphere. I would highly recommend this small, cozy place for any occasion.

Bad Soden
“Quiet corner of Mainz to rest and enjoy a good lunch”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

the restaurant sits on a corner and has, for the summer, outside seating. The seating area inside is not very big but nicely set up and decorated, giving a cozy feeling, as if you are at somebody's home rather than at a restaurant.
We sat inside and ordered lasagna and tortellini. The food was tasty and the wine was very nice as well. The service was excellent, helpful and friendly.
I recommend this restaurant for anybody that wants to sit down, enjoy a bit of food and wine, and relax after shopping.

Santo Domingo Province, Dominican Republic
“Nice Italian”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant and L'Angolo caught us our attention, it's a small restaurant where you will find great italian food and excellent service.

Visited October 2013