Select Hotel Mainz
US$141
US$112
US$93
US$83
All reviewsbusiness hotelnice hotelbreakfast buffet was goodstayed here for nightspublic transporteurocitygermanscathedral
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one evening while touring the Mainz area. The hotel is near a shopping outlet, with some fast food stalwarts very close by. The hotel also has a fabulous and relatively decent priced restaurant inside that my wife and I took advantage of.

The staff was overwhelmingly friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The restaurant was wonderful -- the waitstaff had some terrific recommendations for us.

The value was terrific, the stay was terrific, and I'd stay here again when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GM_QMZPD, Rooms Division Manager at Select Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Robert,

thanks for the nice view of your stay with your family.
We are happy to hear that everything was terrific.
If you want you can contact me directly for your next trip and I can assist you with your booking.

Park Inn by Radisson Mainz
Daniela Christ

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel attending a company business conference. Polite staff, neat and tidy reception area, food was very nice, conference facilities were fine and in order. Bedroom was modern and fine for a business traveller: - very clean, good lighting, warm enough with wall controller to make changes if needed (I didn't), space to store/hang some clothes, very comfortable bed, lots of space for working at a desk, plus easy chair, good tv. Bathroom was fine - had bath with shower over (although my preference is always a shower cubicle it was fine for a couple of mornings) more than enough hot water, nice washbasin area and large mirror. Slight damp odour noticeable , but only in the bathroom - and not worth complaining about.
All in all the hotel was more than fine for the 3 days / 2 nights that I stayed. No wow factor of course - nothing luxurious, nothing memorable. But I didn't expect or need any of that - and the things I needed were there. It is located a little way out of town - but the taxi ride is only about 15 euro. I didn't use the internet - but be aware that as others have said it is not the cheapest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GM_QMZPD, Rooms Division Manager at Select Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear guest,

thanks for your detailed comment of your stay.
We are thankful for every vote.

We hope to welcome you again in the future

Many thanks

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The room are big, clean and looks good. The breakfast is perfect and the service good. The only problem is that in 2013 in a business hotel you must have internet for free or at a less price then 5 euro per 30 minutes. The position is good for business traveller but if you want to visit the city is too far from the center.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GM_QMZPD, Rooms Division Manager at Select Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear guest,

thanks for the nice review of your stay.
For your next stay I can recommend a business package.
We have different business packages inclusive wireless lan.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Location: Not so bad if you have a car. Next to a McDonald's (if you don't get a breakfast inclusive rate -- McD's is way cheaper than their 19 euro breakfast option!!) Across the street is a strip mall -- with Subway, cheap chinese food, cheap sushi, Media Markt (huge warehouse sized electronics store). Convenient too find food if you're short on time.

Parking: 7 euros a night, if I remember correctly. The parking lot is right in front of the hotel. It was full on both nights I was there. When we got back at around 9pm -- there were no more parking spots.

Rooms: Basic. Nothing much to say. Good for a 1 or 2 night stay.

Beds: Not comfortable. Hard.

Service: A little "off". I had 2 rooms -- 1 room for two nights and an additional room for the second night. So on the second day -- I went to get our new keys -- and the check in lady didn't seem to understand why I was getting a new room because she thought I had checked in. She actually paused and then raised her voice at me!! I hate to say rude germans -- but I don't know what else to say. Rude woman!

Housekeeping: Did not clean one of my rooms after the first night. Even after a lady who came to check if rooms were being done saw that my room wasn't cleaned -- no one came back to clean it.

Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank atanner100
GM_QMZPD, Rooms Division Manager at Select Hotel Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear guest,

first we want to thank you for your comment.
We are sorry about the inconvenience with your room, there was a do not disturb card at the door till around 01:00pm, because of this the housekeeping did not clean it.
You can choose our breakfast buffet for 18,00 €, if you are short on time or did not need a full buffet, you have the chance to choose a breakfast to go for 9,50 €. You can order the breakfast to go at the reception till 10:00 pm.

Best regards
Daniela Christ

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Having to stay here on a week's work trip, the Park Inn offered good sized comfortable clean rooms and a superb breakfast spread. Simplicity was in the decor with an open wardrobe and no bathroom toiletries provided but 2 body soap dispensers, Their mini bar was stocked well and room service was efficient. The F&B staff were extremely helpful and accommodating compared to the front desk team, who were not warm and not quite knowledgeable when 3 of our requests were not understood nor answered. The value for money for 5 nights was good. Ask for rooms facing quiet greenery.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

thanks for your nice review of the stay.
We hope to welcome you again soon