“Great Chef”

Bellpepper
Ranked #4 of 527 Restaurants in Mainz
Price range: US$11 - US$53
Cuisines: European, Delicatessen, German, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The highlight of the Bellpepper restaurant at Hyatt Regency Mainz is the open show kitchen, which gives insight into food preparation and the staff around Chef Sven-Ole Hastreiter. The modern and elegant interior design, with magnificent views of the Rhine River, offers the ideal ambiance for a dinner for two, with friends or business partners. The restaurant serves creatively prepared dishes with regional and international influences. The exquisite culinary creations are prepared from fresh, using local ingredients in the open show kitchen in front of guests' eyes. A walk-in wine boutique with a variety of regional and international wines invites guests to pick one's favourite. In the summer months, the beautiful Bellpepper terrace serves delights from the menu under white awnings with stunning views of the Rhine River.
Portland, OR
“Great Chef”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food was amazing and it was great to sit outside and watch the water and people go by. Dinner was prepared perfectly.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Delicious and attentive staff”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My partner and I ate here at the beginning of March. I went to the restaurant a few days before to book and told them it was my partners’ birthday. When we arrived the receptionist remembered my name and remembered it was my partners’ birthday, what a nice touch.
The lady led us over to a quiet table near a window which was fabulous.
The food was divine, the service was exceptional and the staff very attentive but not in your face all the time. I would highly recommend this restaurant however, be aware that it is expensive but for a treat a fantastic time was had.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Caz1006
Bloomington, Indiana
“Elegant and delicious!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Bellpepper, in the Hyatt REgency Mainz, is superbly located in the elegant hotel, and overlooks the beauty of the Rhine. Indoor and outdoor dining; excellent food (reflected in the price) and wonderful service. Definitely a place to go for "a special night"!

Visited July 2013
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Best meal on our honeymoon - vegetarian!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This was me and my husband's FIRST dinner on our honeymoon in Europe. We stayed at the Hyatt for one night, we were exhausted, struggling to stay awake, and headed down to Bellpepper for dinner. We had one of the best meals of our lives - and not too terribly expensive. We are vegetarians, so our trip in Germany was mostly kasespaetzel and potatoes. Bellpepper offered amazing vegetarian options. We had a phenomenal salad to start, then my husband had a dish of ravioli, and I had a dish with black rice. It was one of those meals you want to eat as slowly as possible - the taste was unlike anything I've ever had. The whole rest of our trip, nothing could compare to this fabulous meal - the view of the Rhine didn't hurt either.

• Visited December 2013
Danbury, Essex, UK
“good breakfast bar”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

had a good choice of breakfast including german sausages, which are huge. Omlette could be made with our choice of ingrediants. Very friendly and english speaking staff. Always providing service with a smile

Visited November 2013