“Absolutely great dinner!”

Bellpepper
Ranked #5 of 557 Restaurants in Mainz
Price range: US$11 - US$53
Cuisines: European, Deli, German, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The highlight of the Bellpepper restaurant at Hyatt Regency Mainz is the open show kitchen, which gives insight into food preparation and the staff around Chef Sven-Ole Hastreiter. The modern and elegant interior design, with magnificent views of the Rhine River, offers the ideal ambiance for a dinner for two, with friends or business partners. The restaurant serves creatively prepared dishes with regional and international influences. The exquisite culinary creations are prepared from fresh, using local ingredients in the open show kitchen in front of guests' eyes. A walk-in wine boutique with a variety of regional and international wines invites guests to pick one's favourite. In the summer months, the beautiful Bellpepper terrace serves delights from the menu under white awnings with stunning views of the Rhine River.
Reviewed 28 November 2017

The kitchen is open concept which I always enjoy. My wife ordered the Argentinian beef and I had the goose. Her meal was great and the goose was fantastic! Really a great meal all around, loved it. It also appeared that for large groups that you can order a whole goose and they'll carve it table side. I highly recommend it!

Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Bellpepper, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Salexander99,

Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your dinner at our Bellpepper restaurant and it would be a pleasure to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

The brunch buffet is good but a little pricey for what you get. There is a variety of food including roast beef, vegetables, and numerous dessert choices. There is nothing that stood out to me.

Overall food and service were good. The price ($45 EU) is high for the food and experience.

Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Bellpepper, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear coltren007,

Thank you for taking the time in giving feedback about your recent visit at Bellpepper. I am delighted to read that you overall enjoyed our Sunday brunch. At the same time, I am sorry that you did not consider the price of our brunch appropriate. Nevertheless, we truly hope to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dinner at this restaurant. Great food and wonderful service! We are not German and there was no difficulties in using English with the staff and to read the menu. My wife enjoyed the 3 course meal and I enjoyed a delicious steak.

Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Bellpepper, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jeff S,

Thank you very much for your comment on TripAdvisor. It is great to read that you and your wife could celebrate a wonderful anniversary at our restaurant and that you enjoyed our service as well as your meals. The entire team and I would be glad to welcome you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Great view of the river. Excellent steak. Good choice of wines, many of which my guest and I know and have in our own cellars - so we also know that they more than tripled the retail price. That's a bit steep and the only minus - the upside being that we knew the Marques de Murieta would be a great match with the entrecote.

Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Bellpepper, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Dear JimTerryIV,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you and your guests enjoyed your dinner at Bellpepper Restaurant. At the same time, I have taken note of your critical point regarding the prices of our wines. We hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I selected a few yummy vegetarian options. REALLY good food but service was only okay as I never got some of my order but I was given the drink portion free for the mistake.

Overall I Will go there once in a while for dates mainly but there are better valued options nearby.

Staff is nice and good menu though.

Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Bellpepper, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear elizabeth e,

Thank you for your kind comment on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our vegetarian dishes. At the same time, I am sorry to learn that our service did not meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you as our guest again in the near future to show that we can do better.

With my best,