“Not worth the time nor the money”
Review of Heiliggeist

Heiliggeist
Ranked #20 of 557 Restaurants in Mainz
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The restaurant had messed up the booking, so our party was placed at three different tables. They had trouble managing our orders. We were served our food after 90 minutes. Food was ok, but not worth the wait.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Refurbished church, great location, bit noisy though. Menu had many choices for a german-style pizza and other local food. The wiener schnitzel was huge and delicious. Fine wines as well. Service was quite slow and difficult to get a waiter’s attention.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We were a large group. All got served in a nice way and at the same time. Lots of food! Quite special location! A bit noisy

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Beautiful architecture, fabulous food, great beer! We were on tour and stopped in here for dinner. The Schnitzel was awesome and HUGE.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Beautiful place. Great location. Apparently some of the foods are quite good. The service was REALLY BAD! We had 6 in our group. The waiter FORGOT to order 3 things from the kitchen, and didn't find out until others in our group were being served. My food was very bland and not exciting - but I would have been happier if I hadn't had to watch others eat theirs and then continue to wait for mine. I'm used to German restaurants taking a lot longer than American equivalents - that's not what I'm judging here. The restaurant was only about 1/6 full, and our waiter rarely came back. I don't know if he was embarrassed over the mess he caused or what, but we were offered no discount on the very late meals or anything. I'm only giving this a rating of two because other people said their food was good.

1  Thank jiifigment