“Nice and modern hotel with great restaurants”

Weinhaus Becker Hotel
Ranked #36 of 49 Hotels in Trier
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Very nice hotel with nice restaurants. Rooms are spacious, modern with a very nice bathroom (I had a new room) with all the amenities you can wish. I had dinner in the Weinstube (Winebar). The staff there was extremely kind. Foord was very good and the wines were excellent. I've tried their own wines (from own vineyard). They've also a 2 Star Michelin Star restaurant, but this was closed on the evening I stayed here. Hotel offers free parking in the hotel. I will definitely go back to this hotel when I am in Trier

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pascall K

Reviewed 14 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel Becker's in Trier as I received a smartbox voucher for it. Unfortunately the room bookable with the voucher was not available so I had to book a higher category and top-up a rather high amount of money (that probably in Trier would have allowed booking a hotel room somewhere else). The hotel is very modern and cool, our room (junior suit) was very large with nice design and two glass walls to the outside (and one to the bathroom). Very much appreciated also the attentive staff and the complimentary small bottle of local wine. Still, there were some details not up to the standars expected: few towels and very old, too small tv to see from bed, double bed composed of two unconfortable matresses with hole in between. Toiletries were not new: the body lotion was empty, I wanted to call to get a new one but did not manage becasue nowhere the number to call the reception is indicated (the usual numbers did not work). Ah, and the bathroom flooded after the shower.
Overall the experience was ok because I got it partly as gift, but if I had to pay the full price I would not be so happy, considering also that the hotel is located outside of town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tittiilcanarino
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed two nights in this hotel. Please note the difference in rooms: there is a (cheaper) traditional style part and a (more expensive) part of the hotel, we stayed in the latter. We had a package with dinner in the (2 star Michelin) restaurant of the hotel on one night and a dinner in weinstube on the other night: a fair price for the package. The hotelroom was okay, but nothing special: one would expect a bit more in a hotel that lodges an 2 star restaurant. No bath (not even in all suites), worn down and just a few towels, no refill of aminities are just a few examples. The breakfast is served in the old part and is okay, but again nothing special. The hotel is located 10 minutes by car from Trier-centre in a rather dull street but the wineyard are just around the corner. The dinner in the Weinstube was fine: larges portions, nothing fancy, just good food. The dinner in the 2 star Michelin-restaurant was dissapointing, not even or maybe just worth1 star in my opinion. Overall we had a good time and money isn't the issue, but it lacks a bit of athmosphere/sense for detail/feel of luxery. I wouldn't have come for just the hotel but if the combination with the restaurant is dissapointing, the overall conclusion is that I will not return.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BarbaraXX
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We booked the "Feinschmecker-arrangement' : 2 nights with breakfast, 1 dinner in the Weinhaus en 1 dinner in the 2-star Michelinrestaurant. We had a perfect weekend: beautiful design room with a free bottle of sekt in the fridge, breakfast outside on the terrace, a very good 4-course dinner in the Weinhaus and a fabulous 5 - or more - course dinner in the starrated restaurant. Beautiful environment, close to the city center of Trier, nice to walk, bike, buy wine and so on.......We'll be back

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wim1953
Reviewed 10 February 2011

My husband and I (with our youngest child in tow) stayed at Beckers Hotel for just one night. We chose it principally for the restaurant, seeing that it had been awarded 2 michelin stars. We were delighted when we were shown to our room, Beckers Best Suite, which was absolutely stunning. Ultra-modern with a fantastic bathroom, it was extremely quiet and comfortable. There was even a complimentary bottle of Reisling from their own vineyard waiting in the minibar (although we only discovered that it was a gift when we tried to pay for it in the morning.) Dinner was incredible. We knew that it wasn't ideal to take a young child into such a highly accreddited restaurant but at no stage were we made to feel uncomfortable and in fact the staff managed to stay professional and agreeable whilst serving our eight courses and intermittently picking crayons up off the floor. We have eaten in other starred restaurants but this one stood out as being particularly creative and delicious. Contrary to what a previous reviewer has said, we found Mrs Becker to be charming. I think it is sometimes easy to mistake professionalism with snootiness, particularly when there is a language barrier. We would certainly recommend this hotel to any couple or group of adults. Although they welcomed our young son with open arms, I would not say that is was necessarily a "family" hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katieren
Reviewed 7 September 2010

First impression, alright! This is a good find, beautifully renovated facade. The entrance was modern and very inviting. The room (in the older part of the hotel) was disappointing, a far cry from the entrance, the furniture appeared not be for this room but just quickly chosen to get the room ready. There was not a bar of soap available but one small bottle of shampoo. The shower had a bath gel dispenser on the wall but no possible way to get anything out of it and I pride myself as being quite mechanical. In my opinion the room was overpriced for what was offered.

The restaurant had delicious food albeit a bit expensive. The service was a bit on the slow side and we found ourselves having to wait repeatedly for our glasses to be refilled.

The issue I had with with Becker's was Mrs. Becker herself, she was unfriendly and stuck up. Mrs. Becker appeared pretentious and gave us the feeling that we were not good enough for her hotel. We came in contact with her in her restaurant and at check out, on both occasions the four of us felt unwelcome and barely tolerated.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank flagstick4
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, always for the German ADAC Rally and I have to say every time has been very good and it doesn't deserve the comments made previously! Yes the hotel is out of town, but for the price what do you expect! The hotel is clean and the family staff are very friendly and speak good English. We only ate breakfast which was good, and the restaurant looks very good and is popular with the locals. Trier is only 5 minutes in a taxi €7-10 max each way. I would recommend this hotel if you are just looking for somewhere cheap and cheerful and are not bothered about being right in the centre of town, if you are then pay more! There is a nice hotel down the road which has a nice big garden bar area if you fancy that, but overall this is a good clean basic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with friends