“A firm favourite”

Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Trier
sussex
“A firm favourite”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We have stayed many times in this small family run hotel, within easy walking distance of all the central sites of interest in Trier. The hotel is simply furnished and has been updated recently. We have stayed in various rooms, some larger than other and one or two have small balconies. Although one side faces the street, we have never been bothered by traffic noise. The owner gives a warm welcome, with a plentiful breakfast and good choice.

A firm favourite - we have been staying there at least twice a year since 2005 and I have no hesitation in recommneding this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jylSussex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed two nights here and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an excellent value near the center of Trier. The innkeeper is very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room was perfectly clean. We really enjoyed the breakfasts here as well. We would stay here again if we return to Trier.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim and Julie M
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Top notch hospitality. Private garage for my car a BIG plus. Good breakfast. Great location. Only complaint was beds were a little stiff for my taste and I would have liked more blankets/larger comforter on the bed...but that's a European thing so I don't hold that against the hotel. They even let me keep my car in the garage for the day while I traveled. Internet connection is via LAN cable but worked really well. I was able to use skype with no problems. I will recommend this hotel to my friends when they visit Trier. There is a restaurant around the corner that says Pizza, Antipasta, etc....I forget the name now but it's a couple blocks after you turn left out of the hotel. Don't let the sign and the outside of the restaurant fool you. That is some of the best Italian food I have had. I had a lamb shank with cherry and thyme sauce...delicious!! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justplanenuts
Helsinki
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I stayed at this nice hotel in Trier and can only highly recommend this place. Location is very very good close to the main shopping area. The hotel as pretty quiet and bed very comfortable and big. Breakfast was very good and great value for the money. Excellent hospitality and very friendly and helpful stuff. Would definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank KooH
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We had driven fron Mainz and had taken tripadvisor advise and booked one night accommodation in Trier at Deutschherrenhof. We were not disappointed. 4 of us, 3 adults and 1 child booked 2 rooms with breakfast for Euro 140, amazing but maybe that is the winter rate. The rooms have ensuite bathrooms that are quite large. The bathroom fittings are older but functional and both the room and bathrooms are clean. The Porta Nigra and the Altstadt are all very close 4-5 minute walks away. The staff are so friendly and breakfast is a treat. Deutschherrenstr is a one street, so if you are driving, look out for the hotel on your left and stop right in front of the hotel and unload your lugguage. Off street and secure parking can be had for a small fee not far away, just ask at reception. Quite frankly if you are in Trier and want to be close to the where it is happening this place is it

• Stayed December 2010
Missouri
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We really loved our one-night stay at this hotel. The gentleman who checked us in was extremely friendly, spoke English and provided an excellent detailed map to their private parking facility. Our room was very nice with big windows with flower boxes. Nice en suite. Good work desk and a mini-bar, which we indulged from because the prices were so reasonable. It was a very nice short walk to the Porta Nigra and the other Trier sites and many restaurants. The breakfast the following morning is an extra 5E per person or something, but well worth the price - a really great spread with excellent coffee. We really highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 December 2007

I have been to Trier before but this time I wanted to stay in the center, so I chose Hotel Deutschherrenhof and was not disappointed.

This hotel is a small, probably family run hotel. When we arrived we were greeting quite nicely by the staff. They were quite friendly and even helped bring the bags to the room.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little small but we didn't have any problem with it.

The hotel parking is one block away in an underground garage. We have quite a large car and managed without problems getting it in. I wouldn't want to go in and out very often (it is a little tight), but this was not necessary since we were there to see Trier. Sometimes in Trier it is very difficult to find a parking spot so I was grateful that the hotel had this.

About two blocks away (less than a 5 minute walk) is the Kaufhof and the historic center of Trier.

Breakfast the next day was quite nice. We were greeted by the same man (I think he is the owner). We was cheerful and helped us with our seats and getting us coffee. It was a cold breakfast but there was a decent selection of things to eat.

One bit of warning, there is no elevator. We don't have problems with stairs but if you do, you should be aware of this.

Overall it was a very nice stay in Trier. This small, family run hotel gave us a very warm feeling and we will probably stay here again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The stairs
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple