“Nice and clean hotel near city center”

Ibis Saarbruecken City
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Saarbrucken
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice and clean hotel near city center”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Walkable distance from central train station, as well as most central locations. Quiet clean rooms. Toilet/bathroom very small, but clean and plenty of hot water. Heaters worked also well. Very comfortable sleeping. Good breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The is about 10 minutes walking distance from the main train station away. The surrounding area is quite shabby.
The woman at the reception was very polite, and she managed that i can get into my room altouhgh i was very early.
My room was in an other wing of the hotel so that i had to go to up with the elevator and the again down some stairs.
the room ok, like most Ibis hotels. clean and proper. it was equiped with an flatscreen TV and a very ggod working AC.
The breakfast was average

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Zurich
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I really enjoyed the stay at this hotel - except for the part where I was woken up by a HAMMER at 7:45 AM, because they were changing bedside lighting one floor above mine.

As much as everything else I was really pleased with - this is a complete deal breaker for me. I do not pay 65 euro per night for waking me up in such an unpleasant manner! No matter how nice the croissants were at breakfast, how clean were the rooms etc - at the end of the day what you pay for is a good night sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Saarbrucken hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Excellent hotel, located in the center of the city. Nice people at the reception. Room was very nice and the room and bathroom are quite large compared to other Ibis hotels I have stayed around Europe.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Staveley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

A central location is ideal if that's what you're after, situated down a quiet one way street. Parking can be tricky outside on the road, however for 7 euros you can use one of the 14 secured spaces behind a barrier round the back.

Service at reception was efficient and pleasant, all members of staff spoke English.

Breakfast was a real joy, staying in hotels around the UK, I forgot what a real continental breakfast was! It was self service and tended to by 2 charming ladies. They provide a high chair which was invaluable for us, as well as local daily newspapers. The food was excellent. Scrambled and boiled eggs and bacon, fresh breads for toasting, croissants and pastries. Yogurts and fruit salad, jams, cheeses and cold meats with pickles and fresh juices, coffee and a choice of teas. I think I got more than my 10 euros worth! And my son wasn't charged for his, and his appetite matches mine!

The rooms were of a good size, as was the bathroom, enough space for us to mount our travel cot and there was a balcony. Occassionally I smelt wafts of smoke from the Mexican restaurant patio, and that was 5 floors below! At first we didn't have an issue with the room however when I took a shower there were quite a few hairs on the bathroom floor and in the shower pan. This wouldn't normally bother me, but with a crawling baby in tow, I wasn't too happy about this, of cause he's attracted to running water. When he was crawling around the room with wet hands, the amount of hair stuck to his hands was shocking, we're talking head, body and pubic hairs, honestly he was kept on the bed or in his cot after that. There was also a cigarette butt on the balcony and filth around the bottom of the door frame. The toilet pan was also stained slightly brown, not from excrement but looked rusty.

The cleanliness really let this great value for money hotel down. Unfortunately cleanliness can not be compromised, no matter what level of service or the star rating the hotel holds

• Stayed August 2012
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I stayed in the Ibis for two nights while on business in SB. I payed €130 including breakfast (which was delicious) I travelled to SB by train and the taxi ride to the hotel took only 2-3 minutes. It would also be very possible to walk. Check-in is quick and the staff are friendly. My room was warm, inviting and clean (although i did notice some dust by the TV and around the shower) As I didn't have my laptop with me, I had to use the hotel computer in the foyer which was painfully slow. There is no restaurant in the hotel which is a little disappointing but there are many restaurants nearby. My room was not air-conditioned and as the night temperature in SB last week was 20 degree celcius, this did affect my quality of sleep.
Overall I enjoyed my stay in this wecoming and friendly hotel. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo