“Avoid rooms on the street-side!”

Motel One Saarbrucken
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saarbrucken
Reviewed 16 April 2013

OK - it is a great no-frills hotel and a great bargain, clean and modern. I don't usually tolerate inexpensive hotels, but this one is fully acceptable. Free wifi, bonus. Two very annoying issues however leading to my review - 1. no outlet by the little desk to plug in laptop, only one outlet in the entire room which just seems against building code; 2. rooms facing the main street are VERY loud and they WILL NOT MOVE YOU if you didn't notice it within 1 minute of being in the room. I made the mistake of putting things in my room and then immediately running out to meet someone. When I came back an hour later and had time to notice the street and the noise they said it was "too late" to change, that the room was "used", and then I got a lecture from the guy at the desk about how the windows are double-isolating glass so that "you can't hear the street". Excuse me? I assure you that I can indeed hear the cars, quite loudly and distinctly. I think I would have been almost OK with the refusing without the patronizing "oh, you can't hear the noise" lecture. I have given this feedback to the hotel in their comment form and hopefully the management will pay some attention. Otherwise, I recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: avoid the street-side rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed here last month (March 2013) and was suuper happy with the hotel.
If the penthouse is available its definitely worth paying the extra few€.
The Rooms are clean big and spacious.
The Hotel is smack bang in the middle of the Saarbrucken nightlife area but the hotel is very well insulated and there is no noise from the street.

Room Tip: Penthouse all the way :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This hotel in the centre of Saarbrucken is just perfect for a quick stopover. The rooms are small but have all you the facilities you could need. Housekkeeping is excellent. Breakfast is an amazing selection of goodies. It has secure parking and is directly in the centre of town.

Coming from the main road it would be easy to miss, even with SatNav. So go slowly and enjoy.

Finally, this hotel is outstanding value.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel and we were very happy with our choice. I changed to this hotel at the last minute because of the great feedback on this site and am so glad we did. The hotel is very new and you can tell. It is very modernistic in it's design so don't expect any "old world charm". The room was a decent size for a European hotel room. There are shelves on one side of the bed for clothes and on the other side there is a very small closet. Not a ton of storage but workable. Small work desk and stool (which I used as a night stand). Our room was at the end of the hall and seemed to be a bit bigger than some others. We had a small loveseat. Other rooms looked to have a chair. The bathroom was small but very nice with a great rainshower head. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. Even with a language barrier (we speak almost no German) they always tried to help. We opted to have breakfast at the hotel each day. It was 7.50 Euros per person and if you took the breakfast your inroom wifi was free. Otherwise the wifi was 5 Euro. The breakfast was very good. Your standard yogurt, rolls, cold cuts, fruit and hard boiled eggs. More than enough to get you started. Small parking garage so make sure you call ahead for a reservation. Last but not least the location could not have been better. The old town with the Christmas Market and shopping was right behind the hotel. Great restaurants within walking distance also. Only negatives to us were the fact that since it is a lower cost hotel, the rooms were missing a few normal items. There are no phones in the hotel rooms which is a bit weird. The bathroom amenities were liquid soap for body & hair. No bar soap and no tissues.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel53NewJersey
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have to say that the hotel is brand new and you can see it everywhere in it. Everyone is very polite,the hotel location is the best in the city,the rooms are practical and the price is great. Then why 3 stars? The first night we where so tired and we were going to sleep when we found a 30cm black hair on my pillow and a few 5-6cm long hair on my girlfriends pillow .(she is blond and i am bald so we can't say that maybe they were our hair...).The whole situation was unacceptable and although the next days we didn't have any complaint this thing made us to feel a bit awkward with the hotel.
Bellow i rate it with 3/5 in cleanliness because i don't want to destroy the hotel grades but my realy true grade would be 1/5.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stelios F
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Loved staying in this hotel, the people were all so friendly and helpful. the breakfast is nice and the atmosphere is relaxed and pretty. The rooms are a little small but I didn't stay in there much. Bed was comfy. Shower was great. I especially liked the location, right near the center square which is so lovely. I liked Saarbrucken very much, the people are friendly and welcoming. Enjoyed the food too. Zum Stieffel was traditionally German. Would go back to the hotel and city in a heartbeat. My one request would be for them to do free wifi.

Room Tip: rooms are a bit snug and I enjoyed not being on the road side. less noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Caroline R
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This hotel (no idea, why they're calling it a motel... :-) ) is brand new, offers great design, very interesting prices, night reception, and so on. Very well situated in the heart of Saarbrücken (old part of the city), you can enjoy a great time along the river Saar.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends