“Ideal for a short trip”

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Saarbrucken
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Ideal for a short trip”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed together with friends. We found everything we need for one night. Everything is very clean and the staff is super friendly. For my taste the rooms could be a bid bigger. The location is very good. Just around the corner of the shopping area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jdeitert
Pia M, General Manager at Motel One Saarbrucken, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Pia Minas
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ZURIGO
Reviewed 8 December 2013

... that can be considered as a comfortable hotel in the center of Saarbruecken. Classic business hotel, in the town, quite new so clean, new formiture. Very good compromise between cost and quality. A negative point only: often no rooms available, so book it in advance!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PAOLO R
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvsior. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Pia Minas
Hotel Manager
Munster bei Dieburg, Germany
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for one night because I went to a concert in Saarbrucken.

My room was a decent size, the bathroom was very lovely. Everything was nice and clean and the staff was very friendly. Check in and check out were both quick and easy.

I didn't use their parking spaces, so I cannot say anything about them. I also did not try the breakfast.

The bed was very comfortable and I had 4 pillows :-)

Next time I am in Saarbrucken, I will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2013

First time in Saarbrucken .. charming city. Motel One in ideal location directly accessing old town just round the corner from St Johanner Platz and Market area. Christmas markets being set up now so go and enjoy this charming place and stay at Motel - One. Received charming and very firendly welcome from Amdana at reception, other male receptionist also very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast delicious with very pleasant spaces to sit at and wonderfully friendly staff.
Bedrooms simple but chic and very comfortable with english speaking news channels.
Limited space in hotel car park so book in advance. Otherwise nearby car park at river is €13.00 per 24 hour stay. Would definitely recommend for friendliness, location, service and breakfast.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the side and was near road, but there was no noise disturbance.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nu2
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was our first stay in Saarbrücken when we weren't there as part of an organised trip, so we had our choice of hotels. The reviews for this hotel were very good, and I am very pleased to say that we weren't at all disappointed.
When we (eventually) found the entrance and got into the secure underground car park, which was at the bottom of quite a steep ramp (very low cars need to take it very steady..!), it was really surprisingly clean and very bright. For me, though, an absolutely GREAT little touch, and so simple: on approaching the door to the main building there were automatically opening doors so you didn't have to mess about putting down bags. Inspired idea.
The check in at reception was wonderfully friendly and welcoming, as well as being super efficient and well organised. We were given two keys (not always the case in some budget hotels), advised of the breakfast arrangements, and we headed to our room.
I loved the decor! It's a clean, modern room with plenty of room for an overnighter; the bathroom again was a good size, with an excellent and powerful shower. The hotel was quiet and I slept very well in a very comfortable bed. The wifi worked very well.
We went for a quick drink in the bar before going out for dinner which was fine. Quiet background music meant that you can have a nice chat while watching the "fishtank" in the bar! It's very centrally located and you can be in the middle of the town in a couple of minutes, with all of the local restaurants close by.
The breakfast the next morning was very nice with a good selection of food - and for those gadget lovers amongst you, the bar opens up to become the refrigerated area for the meats and cheeses! Really funky!
If I had something to say that could be improved, I would say that a bit more information on the location of the underground car park would be good, as we completely missed it on the first pass and had to do a loop of Saarbrücken before we could get back - a minor problem though.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and its staff and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Basel
Reviewed 6 August 2013

A work colleague had raved about her Motel One experience elsewhere, so when I spotted the sign driving into Saarbrücken, we decided to give it a go. It was €99 for the night plus another €7.50 each for breakfast.

We were given Room 402, which was small, but we were delighted to find that it had a big rooftop terrace. Would have loved to relaxed in the deckchairs out there if we´d stayed longer.

This hotel is new with lots of nice design touches: Loewe tv, flash showers etc. Very clean and well equipped.

The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to the city centre. Out the door, turn right, and you´re there amongst lots of restaurants and bars. Being a university town, it´s a lively place.

Breakfast was good, fairly standard in its offering. On a beautiful morning (like when we were there) you can eat outside, right next to a piece of the old town wall. While we were there the caretaker was setting up deckchairs for guests to enjoy. Like others have mentioned, the staff are all very friendly -- the caretaker said good morning to us three times!

There´s free WIFI and they even offered free use of an iPad, not something I´ve seen before.

As we were leaving, and the doors were open, we saw that rooms 418 to 430 are a little bigger and still overlook the rooftops. Their terraces were pretty small though compared to the one off room 402.

Definitely recommendable.

Room Tip: Room 402 has a big rooftop terrace. Rooms 418 to 430 are a little bigger and still overlook the roof...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Luxembourg
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I know, I already gave an advice about this hotel... so here is just to confirm that it is a wonderful price-quality balance, as for 69€ you get a 4* stars quality... without a phone in your room, but who cares?
This time I had a smaller room on the hotel side, and I must say it was even cosyer than the bigger one on the opera side. For sure, it's just meant for a very short stay, as there is no proper wardrobe... but something even improved: now the wifi in the rooms is included, even if you don't book with breakfast. And i even got a free ticket for a house cocktail. So, in Berlin 8where I stayed also in this hotel) as well as in Saarbrücken, I say : go for it!

Room Tip: the bigger ones often have particularly bigger bathrooms with showers for handicaped... i prefer the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo