“Nice hotel with friendly staff”

pentahotel Chemnitz
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Chemnitz
Sydney, Australia
“Nice hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

A good hotel. I stayed here for 4 nights for the motogp. I personally found the location a bit lacking as it is a 20 minute into the centre where everything is pubs etc.The best thing for me was the indoor pool with sauna and jacuzzi it was great to jump into after a hot day. Staff were friendly with a nice bar. All in all very satisfied with my stay.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank markscura
Falko G, Manager at pentahotel Chemnitz, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

it made ​​me very happy that you were our guest and thank you for your review and the time you have invested it.

It's nice to hear that you felt comfortable with us and have used many of the amenities offered at us. Your compliment on the friendliness of all the staff, which I am particularly pleased, I passed to the entire team.

I would be very happy to welcome you again very soon.

Falko Grober
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our third stay at Pentahotel. Everytime we have enjoyed it. We get the penta suite with the balcony and the view is amazing! I never get tired of looking out over Chemnitz. the breakfast buffet and dinner menu is great. I haven't had anything there there I didn't like or that wasn't delicious. The only complaints that I have are that the boiled eggs are too soft for my taste. There was a problem with the hot water one morning, but it was ok within about an hour. I am looking forward to ur next stay which may be in September!

Room Tip: Try the Penta suite for a wonderful view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel is located hillside with a beautiful view over the city. The rooms are big with plenty of space, clean and tidy. Just the furniture seems to me a bit run down. The staff was well acquainted with skills, relaxed and very friendly. They did everything to feel me welcome. A spa is situated in the groundfloor and for hotel guests using free of charge. All this together it is an excellent value for money and a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ken,

I would be very happy to welcome you again very soon.

Falko Grober
Hotel Manager
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We couldn't book the hotel we had stayed in on our previous visit to Chemnitz and that was a disappointment. Pentahotel was the first hotel that came up when I searched. I feel like I have hit the hotel lottery! This place is amazing! From the landscaping in the front all the way to the top floor loft suite with a balcony! Even the elevators are beautiful!
There is the Aqua Spa on the bottom level that offers so many things such as massage, pool, spa, facials, fitness room, sauna, and even a tanning bed! (solarium).
The restaurant has a nice menu and the food is very good. Breakfast was included with our room rate and wow what a spread! There were a couple of days during our stay that many items on the buffet were empty. The second time it happened, I knew it would because it was the same cook as the first time.
Our loft suite was just...I can't think of a word that is even close to describing how beautiful it was! Living area downstairs and bed and bath upstairs with a doors leading our to the balcony that overlooks Chemnitz. Oh my! I got a bit too much sun because I just couldn't make myself leave that spot.
The stay was for business, but it felt like quite the vacation after hours!
I can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Studio loft with balcony!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Chemnitz for business or short holiday stays. The hotel is modern and clean and is located in a quiet section of Chemnitz. Walking distance to the city center and train station (15 minutes). Friendly staff, convenient to Keller Haus restaurant (oldest in Chemnitz), beautiful parks, free bike use during warmer months, and close (5 min taxi) to the Gunzenhauser art museum (a must see)! Great experience on multiple visits.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel overlook the church tower and wooded area.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 849PeterB849
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Penta Hotel in Chemnitz is what you need when travelling in the Chemnitz region. It offers everything that a modern hotel should offer, the prices are sensible and the environment is beautiful. I would certainly recommend it in summer, but why not also in winter! I was very satisfied when i had my parents over.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gunnercy
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Visit Chemnitz for business about once a year. Except once, always stay at Penta. This hotel is just very pleasant. Decor is light and nice. Rooms are good and spacious for European standards. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is excellent. Has a gym, not huge, but having everything you need for a workout. Rate is very reasonable. In summary, have nothing negative to say about this hotel, great value for money. Well, maybe a few minor things: wifi comes at a cost, but that is so common in Europe (but rate is low here); TV in Germany always is a pain with their dubbed movies and sitcoms; having a few more English language channels would be nice.
Additional positive point, hotel always seems to be pretty quiet; a relaxing place when traveling on a hectic schedule.
Area is very nice too. Just down the street there is an old section of Chemnitz, cobblestone streets, old church and most important of all, at least three traditional German restaurants for a nice dinner. Walk a block the other way and you are at a large park; great place for a run.
Will back next time.