“Outstanding food and charming garden in summer ”
Review of Villandry

Villandry
Ranked #115 of 967 Restaurants in Dresden
Price range: US$42 - US$71
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Central European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We were lucky to enjoy a beautiful summer evening in the beautiful garden. Food was very creatively composed, very fresh and reasonably priced. Menu is short and changes nightly but no problem finding amazingly tasty dishes. Excellent wine list and we finished with a wonderful apple brandy.

Romantic setting - too bad w my Bud and not my wife ! Go!

There are newer reviews for Villandry

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We ate in the walled garden. The food and wine were excellent, the staff charming with excellent English, informal but very efficient and very happy to explain the menu. I had a local fresh water fish which was fresh and perfectly cooked. The best meal we had in Dresden. Good value for money.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a lovely meal here and would recommend. It was a warm summer night and the patio had a great atmosphere. The menu consisted of specials on a blackboard. A small but appealing selection with something to suit all tastes. Our starter salads of roasted vegetables or tender octopus were generous and packed with fresh ingredients. I also enjoyed the delicate local adlerfish and the choice of wines from Saxony. Service was charming and unhurried.
The whole experience was extremely pleasant and worth the trip up to Neustadt from the centre.
It is a long walk however and we would recommend a tram or taxi.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

While I don’t usually compare restaurants, Villandry does almost everything right that Lila Sosse gets wrong. It’s a short tram ride into Neustadt and an interesting area of restaurants and bars. The two rooms are very comfortable: we were seated with most on long leather banquette with facing tables and chairs in the front (two smaller rooms toward the back; overall a cool, handsome setting). The chalkboard menu was manageable with some coaching from the congenial waitstaff. For our starter, we shared a generous plate of marinated salmon with thin-sliced peppers, avocado, cucumber and marinate carrot strips – delicious. My wife had succulent beef cheeks with cabbage, carrots, and parsnips with star anise and basil – a great contemporary take on a classic. I had a perfectly done cod on roasted/braised fennel, spinach, red onions on a bed of risotto – superb! My wife had a glass of a German white (love those 2.1 – glass-and-a-half options. I wish we had in the states.) I had a German red – both very good. An excellent rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice cream for dessert. At 82E with a generous tip, Villandry delivers an excellent dinner in a lovely and comfortable setting at a fair price. And it’s nice to get off tourist central.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very good bistro, with perfect service and very good and interesting dishes. Certainly, I recommend...