“The Best (and most Affordable) Restaurant in Dresden!”
Review of Orient Imbiss - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Orient Imbiss
Reviewed 29 July 2008

I found Orient Imbiss one afternoon while strolling down Alaunstrasse during a street festival. I had been living in Dresden only a few weeks at the time but had tried my fair share of restaurants and found most to be over-priced and not so wonderful. That day, the restaurant was serving outdoors and the smells were intoxicating. I ate plenty and have returned many times!

The menu is concise, offering a daily entree special for one Euro less than its normal price, which range from 3.50-6.50 Euro. I would recommend any of the kebabs or Kabuli pilaus--the basmati rice is unbelievable. Also, try the coconut milk!

The restaurant's decor is traditional Afghan with pillow-top benches and dusty orange walls. The restaurant seats about twenty comfortably and also offers food to-go. However, with the peaceful Middle Eastern music, I can never bare to leave! Definitely a must try if you are in Dresden--everyone to whom I have recommended the restaurants have been repeat patrons. Guten Appetit!