“Good hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
England
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My first time in Dresden so I booked this hotel on the advise of Tripadvisor. I managed a fair deal at £110 a night with breakfast.
This is a nearly new hotel, well maintained & very heplfull staff. The rooms are a fair size with good air conditioning. It is very well located in the centre of the city. There was plenty of choice at breakfast & the staff were very helpfull.
There is no free WiFi in the hotel, but there is free wired internet in the rooms if you have your laptop with you. There are also 2 free desktops in reception.
My only complaint was the cost of parking at Eur 20 per day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This hotel has almost everything. The location is perfect, right behind the Frauenkirche in the historic center of Dresden. The rooms are much larger and more luxurious than other German hotels we stayed in. The breakfast buffet is almost unreal: perhaps the best scrambled eggs I've ever had (with pieces of bacon cooked in!) and offers of soft-boiled eggs, which rarely happens, and pancake pieces for those of us with a breakfast sweet tooth.

My complaint: no wifi! These days it is very odd to be traveling with no hotel wifi, not even in the public rooms. You could get a paid-for cabled internet connection, but that doesn't do those of us traveling with iPod touches and the like much good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Innside by Melia Dresden, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the INNSIDE by Meliá for your most recent stay in Dresden and for spending your time to give us a very invaluable feedback.

We want to thank you for your praise. We have also passed your comments to all of our Innside staffs and got a very nice feedback.
With pleasure we will use constructive datailled advices to optimize our service in terms of our guests and to ensure the standards, presentation and quality.
So we regret your impressions about the internet connection. We would like to offer the DSL cable connection without a charge. Just for WiFi we have to charge 8€ per 24 hours, because we are bounded to a contract.
We are working to find a charge-free solution for WiFi as soon as possible.

We hope to be able to provide this solution for your next stay in Dresden.

Best regards
INNSIDE by Meliá Dresden

Antje Jentzsch
Guest Experience Manager
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed here for two nights in order to see as much of Dresden as possible. Hotel is well located in the old city and within walking distance of most sites and good restaurants. The hotel proved to be a wonderful surprise and a delight to stay in. We were travelling and booking hotels via internet one night ahead and although the hotel reviews were positive the hotel was much better than I imagined - this may have also had to do with the price we achieved via internet at short notice. We booked without breakfast as the price of breakfast for two was the equivalent of what we would normally spend on at least 4 breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised when offered the opportunity to join the Mas club where we would not only achieve points per stay at Melia hotels but also receive a two for one breakfast. The buffet breakfast was good - not the best we have had but a very pleasant choice. The room was spacious, bed very comfortable although European pillows are a little 'flat' for our liking. We could have ordered our choice of pillows but kept forgetting to organise this. Wifi in bedroom was good. Only criticism would have to be the glass bathroom doors that once a light is turned on during the night immediately shines into the bedroom. However, black out curtains on the windows was most appreciated. We will stay again if we are back in Dresden.

Room Tip: Rooms on the inside of the hotel are sheltered from traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for regrettably only one night. I was supposed to stay two, but I missed my flight. I am very sorry I didn't get to stay the first night in such a lovely place. I was particularly impressed with my dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was treated to the absolute best meal of my life, complete with the most perfect service and presentation by my server, Nadin. This was a welcome respite after my long journey to Dresden from the U.S. The personalized service and delicious meal will be something I never forget, and without a doubt my next stay in Dresden will be at none other than this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor has a weird stair case in the middle of the hall that is tough to navigate suitcases ove...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bucharest
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

It's a modern hotel very well located in the old part of the city. has nice and spacious rooms , a very good breakfast with a wide sort of choices and has a beautiful bar on the roof. It's an excellent business hotel

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Everything has been well designed and constructed, and the hotel has a fantastic location in the old city. Excellent breakfasts and we had a very good dinner (albeit in a very quiet restaurant), complete with amuse bouche and champagne in the kitchen. Only criticisms - no porters to handle luggage, and no wifi in the bedroom.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Helden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

When I am in Dresden I always stay at this hotel. It's in the old city center and just steps away from all the highlight of Dresden. It's also close to the river Elbe. The hotel is nicely designed, staff is friendly and helpfull, breakfast and dinner is great.

• Stayed June 2012