NH Collection Dresden Altmarkt
US$370
US$180
US$159
  • Restaurant
NH Dresden Neustadt(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$222
US$208
Bulow Palais(Dresden)
US$253
US$244
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
AZIMUT Hotel Dresden(Dresden)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$145
US$139
Orbitz.com
1,599 results
All reviewsexcellent locationchristmas marketchurch bellsmodern hotelq parkgreat hoteltrain stationsuperior roomwithin easy walking distancegreat bathroomold townpedestrian mallsteam roomnespresso machinerecommend this hotelgood sizelovely city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

It's so clean inside out looks like it was just built yesterday. Had a nice welcome drinks and hot towels upon arrival which was nice feature. Close to train station and all the sights nearby. I was shocked to hear the breakfast was 20 EUR per person! Would have been 80 EUR for four of us!!! Instead we had a nice breakfast just underneath this hotel. There's a little cafe there that opens at 7. Also very limited amenities. Recommend bring your own soap and shampoos.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lunamac
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed here for 4 days on business early April 2014. The hotel is modern - and my room on the 7th floor was spacious and well equipped - including a small kitchenette area (with sink and microwave).

The hotel is centrally located and about 15 minutes walk from the train station. The staff speak very good english - and were helpful and courteous. So far, so good, but now the 'buts'...

1. The so called 'free internet' is as good as worthless. Once you log into the system, provided by Swisscom, you have the choice of using the 'free' service - but limited to only 100mb per 24 hours! Or you can pay €4.65 per day - per device for the regular service. For me, with 4 devices, this will have meant €25 per day!
None of my colleagues, who I asked, managed to connect successfully during our stay - we all gave up.

To claim it is a free internet service - with such a limitation is a bit like claiming that there is a free airport transfer - and it turning out too be a bicycle!

2. I tried the hotel restaurant on my first night. The food and service was ok but there were only four diners in all, the other three working on their PC's! Bottom line. Absolutely no atmosphere. I recommend eating out at one of the many outside restaurants - and enjoy Dresden!

3. The bells! The hotel is right next to the Holy Cross Church - which is a wonderful piece of architecture - and (i am told) offers great vies of the City. However, if you are a light sleeper, the bell still chimes every hour (through the night), plus a special at 7am every morning.

I was on a company trip, so no choice of hotel this time. However, next time, if offered the choice of this or another nearby hotel with genuine free internet, then I would seriously consider another.

Room Tip: As far away from the church as possible!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 221MichaelB
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We have stayed in several Dresden Hotels. This time we wanted something in the historic area. Most of the major sites are within easy walking distance of the NH Altmarkt, as are many of the better restaurants. The ladies at reception were most helpful and friendly. We were greeted with fruit tea and warm wash cloths. They gave us a map, written directions and photographic directions to the underground parking garage. Without difficulty, we negotiated the warren of streets to the garage entrance just around the corner. Our parking place was a few feet from the elevator that took us to our room.
The reception lady offered us a 15 Euro per day upgrade to a room facing the Altmarkt Square. After comparing it to our reserved room, we kept ours on an inner court. The difference in view was not worth any charge, plus I suspect that our room was quieter.
Our room was modern, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was with the toiletries and towels. The toiletries consisted of a single small bottle of soap each day. The towels were small, thin and threadbare.
The breakfast was served in a well-stocked large room. Selections of food and beverages were extensive. The quality was quite good and all for 10 Euro per person per day. The staff were highly efficient, observant and quick with a smile. They are among the best I have seen in any hotel at any price range.
I suspect that the great room rates were a function of the time of year. We will almost certainly stay at the NH Altmarkt on our next visit to Dresden.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on a room with a 'view'.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Superb hotel, comfortable rooms in a great location in Dresden. Breakfast in particular superb. Loved my stay at this Dresden hotel. So easy to walk to the many wonderful museums, galleries, restaurants and shops in Dresden from this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ivor S
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Great hotel! I've been for one week due to business travel. Beautiful room, less beautiful view but still good. I can highly recommend this hotel but one of the reasons why I've rated this hotel is the wifi connection. With free Wifi (100Mb/24h) and a connection of 32kbit/s it's nearly useless. Even premium access (250MB/24h) and unlimited data transfer this is something I would not expect from NH hotels. Sad to see. Everything else was great! I'd love to come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business