1,213 results
All reviewsacross the rivercanaletto restaurantold townstarwood preferred guestspg membershort walk over the bridgecafe barriver viewhotel has a great locationdeluxe roomlarge hoteltram stopbreakfast buffetan easy walkper daycity centreelbe
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I haven't even checked out yet but I am so impressed I am submitting a review. The service is just wonderful; friendly, efficient, and helpful. They recognized our Starwood Platinum status without our having to say a word, and every request was met with a smiling "Yes." I needed a pair of pants laundered this afternoon: "No problem!" We need to check out a day earlier than planned: "No problem!" I needed a rail reservation printed: "No problem!" I needed some technical assistance with the WiFi, and the person at Service Express knew the answer and helped me immediately. (At many hotels the concierge/front desk/Service Express are clueless about how the WiFi works, but not here.) The only thing that did not meet expectations was the spa. The hotel advertises that it has a "spa" but it is really a run-of-the-mill indoor pool. But that is really a very trivial fault, since I doubt many people come to this hotel for the spa. The hotel has a great location across the bridge from the historic part of Dresden, and the staff are some of the most helpful and friendly I have encountered.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
EHennig, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Bellevue Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear DanG, We are delighted to read about your good experience at our hotel and we very much appreciate the feedback you are providing to us as well as to fellow travellers. Thank you very much for your kind words, it will be shared with our team and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Your The Westin Bellevue Dresden

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This hotel probably won't wow you but it will be clean, comfortable, in a good location, and have good amenities. We enjoyed the proximity to Neustadt for breakfast in the morning. We got a good deal on the internet for this hotel, so if you get a good price then go for it. If not, we would probably opt for something more boutique-y with more character than a chain, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Dresden at the Westin with no complaints. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall, very nice hotel.

PS. Wifi is for a very large fee, which is obviously lame.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for your valued comment; you can be assured that we take all constructive comments into consideration for improve our performance. Best regards Your The Westin Bellevue Dresden Team

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Having unexpectedly arrived at the hotel a day early i was so delighted to find such friendly helpful service. I felt rescued at reception when a very receptionist was able to provide me with a room for an extra night at a price only a fraction higher than the special offer price i payed online. Parking here is very easy with ample space as you pull off the main road. The parking cost 16 euro 50 a night so was much better than many other cities in Germany. The reception and guest areas both inside and out are lavish and very well maintained. My room was of a high standard on a par with the facilities at the Hilton and the location meant a 5 minute walk across the bridge and you were right in the heart of Dresden. The bed was comfortable and the room had all the amenities required for a really comfortable stay. Sadly there were no tea and coffee facilities but room service was very speedy and the meal i had was delicious. I would recommend the hotel to anyone if you are looking for a really comfortable stay with friendly, helpful service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you so much for your warm words and taking the time to share your impressions with other travellers. It was a great pleasure to welcome you to our Hotel.
It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. With kind regards, Your The Westin Bellevue Dresden

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

The room was clean & comfortable, the service was very good, the staff were helpful & friendly, at the time of our stay the hotel was affected by floods reducing the hotels capacity by 60 rooms...we were changed from a double room to 2 single beds which were quite ok though the pillows were rather uncomfortable, the buffet breakfast was very good with an excellent variety of food, would stay again

• Stayed: June 2013
EHennig, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Bellevue Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest, we would like to thank you for your honest and constructive feedback and of course for having taken the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate it a lot, as it is the perfect chance to really listen to our guests needs and to constantly improve our service. Yours The Westin Bellevue Dresden Team

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin Bellevue in Dresden for two nights on my honeymoon trip.

The staff was very amicable and helpful in pointing us in the right way for various sights we had on our agenda.

The location of the hotel is amazing, a short walk from the bridge which leads in the heart of historic Dresden. It was very convenient for us.

However, the pool area is a bit dated, the water is kept a pitch too cold, which means too cold for many others based on my experience. They also have some kind of whirlpool, not really a jacuzzi because too cold. It was a bit disappointing.

The rooms are nice and decent, but give a little feeling of 1990's, which can be overlooked without problem. The beds could use better mattresses, being a bit too hard.

Overall, I loved my stay at the hotel, the perfect location and the good service from the staff compensating for any disappointment.

Oh, last thing, it seems to be running in the Westin family ... Overprice internet makes unhappy guests. Please, give us at least a free wifi spot in the lobby!

Room Tip: The hotel nor being located on the good side of the bridge, the view of the canal will not give you the sensational buildings on the other side of the Elbe. Might not be worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you so much for your really nice comment! We really enjoyed such kind words and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Yours Westin Bellevue Dresden Team, Elisabeth H.