The main thing about this hotel is its superb location right in the centre of the historical town near the river, but still fairly quiet. A 15 minute early morning run is to go past the opera house, across the river, right along the opposite bank and then back across the river and through the old town back to the hotel. No need to cross any busy roads and amazing views of the city as you cross the bridges.
My room on the first floor had a wonderful high ceiling with plenty of space. Dont know if I had an upgrade without realising it, but other members of the group on the higher floors said their rooms had lower ceilings and were less grand.
The hotel lobby is a bit of a shame with a rather naff blue wall which gives a slightly cheap first impression, but get past this and it smartens up. Overall, for such a big hotel it has a pleasant ambience of luxury, helped by its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in the 18th century by the Saxon king, August the Strong, as a pledge of love to his mistress and faithfully restored in 1995, Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski is a beautiful combination of historic glory and modern design. The hotel offers 182 elegant rooms, 32 luxurious suites and culinary excellence from five different venues including: the gourmet restaurant Intermezzo, the Palais Bistro, the Restaurant Lesage in the Transparent Factory of Volkswagen, Cafe Vestibul and the Karl May Bar. In addition, there are six elegant conference rooms on the Bel Etage and a divisible meeting and ball room. The hotel has also its own spa lounge with a pool and offers five-star catering services in and around Dresden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Hotel
- Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden