“Amazing”

Ranked #6 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
Northampton
“Amazing”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I went with my company and all I can say is WOW, I thought I was staying in the Palace of Versace !!. I stayed in a suite which was hugh. The mini bar was amazing full of chanpagne, spirits & expensive chocolate. As for the bathroom wverything you could wish for even a set of scales.... I would compare it to my review of the Ritz but a tad better.I slept like a log the beds were so commfy. Went down for a very good breakfast. Faultless saty but you only get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wolfsburg, Germany
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We staid at several locations in Dresden, but our favorite is this one. Because....
Service... we forgot to book a third bed for our son... No problem at all ... special soap, little duck, nice bed, bath robe ... and I guess also an upgrade. We had again a nice dinner at the Bistro and a great evening at the bar. The pool area is small, but clean and quit (even with our four year old). Service at breakfast again great ... People make the difference.
We will come back, for sure !!!

Room Tip: We like our room on the first floor ... facing the back road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Frank_and_Barbara
Milano
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have been at the Kempinski Taschenberg Palais at the beginning of January after the rush of the beautiful Christmas markets. At that time of the year, you can enjoy the hotel for a quiet affordable price. In the yard of the hotel, you can go have ice skating and for the rest you have very luxurious facilities in a real palace.
We would be very pleased to get back there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
munich
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Just spent a couple of days in the Taschenberg Palais. The room was very spacious very nicely decorated and contrary to previous reviews equipped with a flat screen tv !! Normally I have problems to sleep in hotels, however a Tempur pillow was supplied on request and I slept like a baby. The location is simply superb. In the hotel we ate at the Palais Bistro unfortunately there was a very pricey menu that night (I did see 'a la carte' on other days). After a 90 euro bill consisting of 2 drinks and 2 ridiculously small main courses we went very hungry to the Karl May bar and had something to eat !! We had a laugh when we saw another couple from the restaurant who had sat beside us doing the same! The cocktails in the Karl May are to be recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed here for two nights in December. Had a superior room looking at the Zwinger Palace. Dresden is a beautiful old-world city. The hotel is very elegant. The room was very spacious and the bathroom was very modern with bath and shower. Loved the view out the window. The breakfast (included in our rate) was very generous. I much preferred eating in the "overflow" area to the actual restaurant. The restaurant is not too interesting, but the overflow area (which is actually before you get to the restaurant) is much more comfortable, with plush chairs and sofas, Christmas decorations, and smell of pine filling the air. One thing.....I wish hotels of this class in Germany (and many countries for that matter) would start including internet in the room charge. I had free internet due to joining the GHA program, but I think its ridiculous you have to pay 25 euros for a day's worth of internet in most instances. Internet should be included when you pay to stay at a hotel of this class. Other than that, wonderful hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Radeberg, Germany
Reviewed 5 December 2011

this outstanding Hotel offers daily best performance of their top inspired staff. Sorry to say, but this time they sort of failed: The prediscussed seating did not happen, someone had a different idea of table arrangements. Some guests had to indicate that they`s missed out at the wellcome drink. At the offered food it happended, that we had to ask for proper plates, for refills and cuttlerie. Sorry, but this time at least I had the feeling that the staff was not at the accustomed top-performance

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sonny-A-H
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Taschenberg Palais looks, as its name suggests, like a palace. However, I was a bit disappointed. We happened to stumble upon a great rate for a room online and booked it immediately as the hotel is well known for being one of the best in Dresden. Of course, I should have suspected that booking a room on offer meant that we wouldn't be placed in one of their best ones...We were placed on the 4th floor, right below the roof. Our room was small and had a tiny window so high up that I could not see through it, even less reach it. I felt in a bit of a pigeon hole. The biggest disappointment was the bed! It was not comfortable! It had a kind of dent in the middle and I would roll straight into it. We didn't complain because we were staying just two nights and I didn't think it was worth the hassle. That being said, everything in the room was impeccable. The bathroom was spacious and very clean too. The breakfast buffet was abundant and had a wide selection of meats, cheeses, breads, cereal, etc... but somehow, I just found everything a bit pretentious.

One very recommendable thing, I got a massage at their spa with Tilo Weidig. It was the best massage I've had in my life! He is a superb professional.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up on the floor right beneath the roof (4th floor)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple