“Excellent service. Close to all the main attractions.”

Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The service in this hotel is second to none. Very caring and attentive staff. Excellent breakfast and the staff in the restaurant where breakfast is served are excellent.
The hotel is very close to all important attractions. One could walk to the main attractions easily .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Thank P.m A
YThuering, Geschäftsführer at Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write very nice review on your stay at Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the excelent service, attentive and caring staff and superb location. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and we feel honored to found a new Swissôtel fan.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I found the Swissotel Desden to bean elegant, but comfortable hotel. It's located near the heart of the old city and is within easy walking distance of several major attractions and an impressive variety of bars and restaurants. The rooms are large, compared to many european hotels, well appointed and comfortableand the staff is professional and responsive. The restaurants offer quality fare served by an attentive, but not intrusive waitstaff. However the menu selection is somewhat limited. Overall I would rate this as one of the best hotels I've stayed in and look forward to returning should business or pleasure bring me back to Dresden.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Michael,

Thank you very much for choosing the Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, especialy profesionalism of our staff and our large & spacious rooms with comfortable beds. The central location, great shopping, entertainment and nearby historical sights such as the Semper Opera and Zwinger Palace make our hotel the perfect gateway to the city's business and culture.

We do hope the nice memories about your stay will bring you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The location was perfect for our 4 day visit. The spa was comfortable and well appointed. We were really disappointed though with the room. It definitely didn’t feel 5 star. I really like modern style hotels but this missed the mark badly with dowdy decor and most of all the open plan bathroom. It felt like someone had come up with a gimmicky idea. In my view it is crass and unpleasant. We didn’t want to upset our German friend who had chosen the hotel so didn’t complain, but in retrospect I wish I had done so.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lavarcham

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during the stay in Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss. It is our pleasure to hear you enjoyed the hotel´s location and relaxing atmosphere of our Pürovel Spa & Sport.

We are really very sorry you felt disappointed with the room with an open plan bathroom. Our reservation department will be glad to reserve for your possible future stay a room with a closed bathroom. We do hope that we can restore your confidence in us and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel some day in the future.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

It wasn't hard given the location to decide that the Swissotel was the best place to stay in Dresden but not really being familar with the group I wasn't sure what to expect. From the moment of check in to the time of check out every member of the staff that we encountered could not have done more to be pleasant or helpful. That principally means the reception and dining room staff but also the room service staff and the staff in the spa to which I retired one afternoon in desperate need to a massage to ease some leg pain I had developed as a result of too much walking.

The breakfast offering was OK, it maybe lets the place down a little and for five stars I would generally have expected a bit more. The room was nice and as others have said a bit quirky in decor, water pressure in the shower was great. The place was kept very clean by a really dedicated team who were also friendly and helpful. The experience of the spa was one of the best I've had. The spa itself was a lovely peaceful place, the masseur was friendly and highly professional and I finished off the experience with an hour in the sauna which was extremely relaxing. It was a shame it was the last day or I might have been tempted to visit the spa every day!

Room Tip: In the location all the rooms are quiet but keep an eye on building work that may start on the south...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank longhaulfromlondon
YThuering, Geschäftsführer at Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear longhaulfromlondon,

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the superb location of the hotel, attentive service of my colleagues at the reception and in our Wohnstube dining room. Moreover, I am pleased to read you experienced our hotel facilities during your stay, including Pürovel Spa & Sport with Finnish and bio sauna, vitality showers and the relaxing room in historic ambiance of stone cellar from the 15th century. Our Spa team was thrilled to hear the spa experience you had was one of the best you have had.

Once again, thank you for your kind words of appreciation, it means a world for us.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed in this small hotel for two night. We found a special rate in the internet. The hotel is located opposite of the Dresden castle close to all the attractions in this gorgeous city. The room was big and very modern and stylish. The carpets on the wall and the curtains had the same design. The bath was not a separate room but integrated in the sleeping room. Very, very nice and stylish. We had a technical problem in the shower which was fixed during dinner very quickly. The service is great and they have a small parking lot in the basement. If you want to visit the wonderful city of Dresden, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for t reservation if you need a car parking. The garage is not that big.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Werner W

Dear Werner V,

firstly, let me just say what a great pleasure it was to have you stay with us at Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss recently.
We were delighted to read you enjoyed our service, location and the unique room design of our spacious rooms. We were thrilled you had a memorable experience with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you in Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss on your future trips to our city.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Nice hotell with a professional staff giving god service and advice. Nice building. Excellent location and still peacefull and quiet.
Nice breakfast with god selection of fond. Vert good service in the bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
YThuering, Geschäftsführer at Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Liv N,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice review on your stay at Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guests. Thank you for highlighting the superb location, pleasant ambience of the hotel, our breakfast buffet and the professional approach of my colleagues. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and we feel honored to found a new Swissôtel fan.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My daughter and I wanted to spend a weekend in Dresden and stayed at the Swisshotel. It was within walking distance of the bus that we took from Berlin and so conveniently located to all the wonderful buildings that have been so lovingly restored in old Dresden. All the staff that we encountered were just so friendly and helpful and our room was perfect. The added bonus is the spa that is included with your room - what could be finer after a long day of touring. I splurged and purchased a one hour massage that might just rank up there with the BEST massage I've ever received. Theres a convenient cafe almost next door, there's a refrigerator in your room and, of course, there's lots and lots to explore within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
YThuering, Geschäftsführer at Hyperion Hotel Dresden am Schloss, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Genevieve K,

I was delighted to read your kind comments regarding your stay with your daughter with us. It was a great pleasure for us to have you. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay in Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss, especially our accommodation, hotel's location in the heart of the historical centre of Dresden. I am also glad to know the massage treatment in our Pürovel spa exceeded your expectations with the quality of service provided. I am thrilled you had a memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dresden and our hotel again, in the near future.