All reviews streetcar stop nice hotel old town per day by foot tram station room rate would stay again convenient location city germany mattress sleeping eur
Reviewed 15 January 2017

This hotel gets a lot of things right, and I would be happy to stay here again. The check-in process was quick. There were some issues with check-out, but the hotel resolved them quite satisfactorily via a subsequent email conversation. (I find it's much easier to evaluate a hotel based on how they handle something that goes wrong, which they did it very well here.) The room itself was clean and comfortable, it had a room darkening shade that worked, and it was easy to sleep well here. Random nice touch: I liked that the bath towels had little loops on them to hang them with. The breakfasts were also completely reasonable; I would rate them as above average.

The negatives were not very negative. The decor was a little dated and could use a refresh. The wifi login was in German only but was easy to figure out (Click "Gast," then enter room number and last name). That said, there was not much bandwidth available at the hotel, so occasionally network access was quick but usually it was agonizingly slow. One last small nit was that a couple of times whoever cleaned the room flipped my used water glass over and put it back in the bathroom like it was new, but it was the same glass. I know because it had a slight crack in it, which is why I was hoping they would replace it. I guess reusing the glass is a "green" thing to do, but it seemed odd that it was put back like a new glass would be.

So overall I was very happy to stay here and would gladly do so again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Nicole H, Leiter Front Office at Dorint Hotel Dresden, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2017

Many thanks for your kindly comment. We are very glad, that you enjoued your stay with us and hope to see you again as soon as possible.
Nicole Harsdorf / Dorint Hotel Dresden in January 2017

Reviewed 23 October 2016

My wife and I stayed at Dorint hotel 4 nights in october 2016. T.he hotel i great value for money. Best of all is the breakfast, which is perfect. Rich in variety and very good quality. Service was excellent. The room was quite big with a good bed and a nice bathroom with a bathtub. The location of the hotel is 10 min walk from the city centre. The sorroundings are mediocre, near a big road with quite a lot of traffic. Despite this the traffic could not be heard at all from our room with was facing the street. All in all very good value for money. A 4 star hotel we can definately recommend!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

an 8 minute taxi ride from central station, has a tram station directly in front and the most important sights on both sides of the Elbe river are within easy walking distance. Prices are moderate and the food buffet was really good and had good variety.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2016

I was there with my collegues for a longer weekend and really nice!
rooms are clean, breakfast is great!!! also the restaurant is good and comfortable! Their wellness is also very very nice!!!Good to visit!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed there over a night. Nice experience. A hotel is not new, but clean and good maintained.

Extended breakfast (and crowds of people :))) ) - good variety and quality.

Location is comfortable-in a walking distance from the Old city. Gadage parking is comfortable when travelling by car.

We enjoyed...despite we were stuck in the lift for a while. In general I would recommend this property.

Stayed: September 2016