“Better than bunk beds!”

Hostel Lollis Homestay
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Upon our arrival, the receptionist was helpful, providing us with all the details we needed regarding linen, breakfast, wifi, etc. The room we stayed in was a 5 bed dorm arranged on a lower and higher platform that resembles a treehouse. There is lots of room for your luggage underneath as well as a locker for each guest. The higher platform of beds can be a little noisy. Breakfast is ok, just the basics (€4), however there is a fridge and kitchen to use if you would prefer. The living area is quite funky. The map we found really helpful as it's designed for young people and we really enjoyed the area of Dresden. Bathroom was cleaned thoroughly everyday. Worth staying in for young people on a budget.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I liked to stay at Lollis.( was in 2010 for a conference) ..the price/ quality is good , friendly staff, the people from there made once a week a dinner for everyone..or a trip,it's a cozy place; I liked the way they hang your luggage for a short period..!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hostel had by far the most unique design that I have encountered during my travel - That was one of the main attraction points for me to stay in Lollis. It was small and cozy and definitely placed emphasis on interacting with other guests (e.g. hosting a dinner for guests). I felt that that was good. However, there were some drawbacks that would make me hesitate recommending this hostel to my friends, the greatest being the subpar service standards. The hostel appeared to be understaffed, and I was often left waiting for a long time before I was attended to. The lady whom first attended to me on 31 Jul afternoon was also unfriendly, and her attitude was by far one of the worst that I have seen. I was left waiting at the desk waiting for her to attend to my room reservation, whilst she chatted on the phone and made herself a drink. When she finally came back, there was no word of apology and I certainly did not feel like I was welcomed. Thankfully, the other guests in the hostels were generally nice and friendly. There was also no lift in the hostel, and the presence of flies in the kitchen area made me suspect that the hostel maintained a low level of cleanliness. Bed sheets were also worn out and old. Wifii was restricted to a few hours, and guests had to log out of the wifii frequently to prevent it from expiring prematurely. Hence, I felt that in terms of service and facilities, Lollis has much to improve on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I cannot fault this hostel! The room decorations were amazing, rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the common room and kitchen were great. The staff were friendly, fun and really helpful. 24 hr reception which is awesome, and the hostel is in a great area for nightlife and food. My stay here was a wonderful experience :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lydia J
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

My room had a Trebbi smack dab in the middle of the room. Very excited and the head lights went on when you turned on the lights. Free meals several times a week as well as German language lesson. Definitely geared for the budget traveler. My only complaint was Hanna working the front desk. Extremely sarcastic, and not in a good way. Slighted me several times with rude comments when asked a question. She is in desperate need of an attitude adjustment.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 19 June 2013

we had a great time .all staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. the atmosphere was " come in and make yourself at home". the area was very easily reached by tram. everyone we met was keen to help and give advice and or directions. Located in a great area.

Room Tip: we choose the giants room which was amazing. only thing was the room didn't have a lock. All our...