“I really want to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lollis Homestay

Lollis Homestay
Vienna, Austria
“I really want to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I loved this hostel. It was clean and friendly and just felt cozy, as well as being pretty easy to find. I stayed in the apartment with friends (not a dorm or regular room). It was down the street from the main hostel, but not far enough to be a problem. It was very clean and spacious and felt like a place you'd actually want to live. The kitchen was also nice. On Christmas eve they had free food and it was fun to hang out with new people. The front desk was very helpful in telling us where things were (especially the Christmas markets). We didn't do much site-seeing (we were there over Christmas), but it seemed like a cool town that didn't feel like a massive city. I'd love to go back, and I would try to stay here again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I really loved my stay in Dresden and in Lollis Homestay. This Hostel was extremely artistic, homely, clean and spacious. The use of space in the room was both artistic and practical. The communal areas were warm and inviting. It was more like being in someones house than just a hostel. I highly recommend this place to stay. It is in a great neighbor hood to explore.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahLouise1984
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Upon our arrival, the receptionist was helpful, providing us with all the details we needed regarding linen, breakfast, wifi, etc. The room we stayed in was a 5 bed dorm arranged on a lower and higher platform that resembles a treehouse. There is lots of room for your luggage underneath as well as a locker for each guest. The higher platform of beds can be a little noisy. Breakfast is ok, just the basics (€4), however there is a fridge and kitchen to use if you would prefer. The living area is quite funky. The map we found really helpful as it's designed for young people and we really enjoyed the area of Dresden. Bathroom was cleaned thoroughly everyday. Worth staying in for young people on a budget.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

• Stayed August 2013
Suceava, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I liked to stay at Lollis.( was in 2010 for a conference) ..the price/ quality is good , friendly staff, the people from there made once a week a dinner for everyone..or a trip,it's a cozy place; I liked the way they hang your luggage for a short period..!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hostel had by far the most unique design that I have encountered during my travel - That was one of the main attraction points for me to stay in Lollis. It was small and cozy and definitely placed emphasis on interacting with other guests (e.g. hosting a dinner for guests). I felt that that was good. However, there were some drawbacks that would make me hesitate recommending this hostel to my friends, the greatest being the subpar service standards. The hostel appeared to be understaffed, and I was often left waiting for a long time before I was attended to. The lady whom first attended to me on 31 Jul afternoon was also unfriendly, and her attitude was by far one of the worst that I have seen. I was left waiting at the desk waiting for her to attend to my room reservation, whilst she chatted on the phone and made herself a drink. When she finally came back, there was no word of apology and I certainly did not feel like I was welcomed. Thankfully, the other guests in the hostels were generally nice and friendly. There was also no lift in the hostel, and the presence of flies in the kitchen area made me suspect that the hostel maintained a low level of cleanliness. Bed sheets were also worn out and old. Wifii was restricted to a few hours, and guests had to log out of the wifii frequently to prevent it from expiring prematurely. Hence, I felt that in terms of service and facilities, Lollis has much to improve on.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I cannot fault this hostel! The room decorations were amazing, rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the common room and kitchen were great. The staff were friendly, fun and really helpful. 24 hr reception which is awesome, and the hostel is in a great area for nightlife and food. My stay here was a wonderful experience :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo