“My beloved "Zwinger"”

US$59.57*
Dresden Day Trip from Berlin
Ranked #2 of 172 things to do in Dresden
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Since my childhood I love the "Zwinger" of Dresden, the castle of Dresden. I it a very imposing building which was renovated at the end of the "DDR" already. You really should yourself take time to see it.

There are newer reviews for Zwinger

Reviewed 6 August 2014

a magical place in Dresden, Germany, a big complex with beautiful lawn in the center and lush garden surrounding it , fine paintings and art, beautiful architecture in and out of this place, lots of tourist, such a lovely and magical place

Reviewed 5 August 2014

One ticket will admit you to the Gemaldegalerie, the Porcelain Museum, and the Math and Physics Museum. All of these hold some interest, although the Gemaldegalerie is a lesser museum to those in Berlin and Munich. The Porcelain Museum features Messelin porcelain as well as Chinese porcelain; it is extensive and well displayed. I found more interesting the Math and Physics Museum with its collection of historical instruments. Plan to spend a good part of a day, if not an entire day, at these three places and in the courtyard of the Zwinger onto which these museums face.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We didn't have much time to spend in Dresden but we managed to see Zwinger at daylight and at night. A really amazing place to spend a couple of minutes enjoying the building and sunshine. When it comes to Dresden, the best thing is that everything is within a walking distance. And the city is still developing. Unfortunately, it was too late so the church in the old part of the city was closed. Btw I strongly recommend camping in Dresden if you want to integrate with other people. When we were walking along the river, there were lots of light on the other side of the river so we crossed the river to see what was going on. It turned out that there was a party at the camping and the film if you wanted to watch. Nice. And remember that everything is closed around 9pm or 10pm (I'm not sure about the weekend, because we were on Monday).

Reviewed 5 August 2014

...but to be honest: expected more when walking around. To be honest: there are other places at town who did attract me more than this....

1  Thank travelbearnd