“Staying on the outskirts.”

Hotel Villa Weltemuhle Dresden
Ranked #1 of 108 Dresden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Dresden with no reservations and found this very charming hotel. Amazing value but you need a car for the short drive to town. The breakfast was delicious and the surroundings were guiet and romantic. You cannor go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

We were travelling around Germany in a hire car and arrived here without a booking. What a great hotel. They seemed very busy but still found us a room which was spacious, quiet and had great character for a bargain price. My husband and I loved this place. Only regret was we didn't eat there. Fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 9 December 2011

In Dresden on business, I was not expecting much from a hotel - just a shower and a bed. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Romantik Hotel. The staff greeted me warmly and invited me to have a glass of wine next to a roaring fire in their warmly decorated lobby reception area. The manager chatted with us for a while, answering questions about Dresden, for it was my first visit. After that they helped me schlep my luggage up to my room. The room was very spacious, with a comfortable bed, large bathroom, and nice little touches like a robe, fruit plate, and higher end toiletries.

I did not eat at the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast the next morning was very good - with quite a variety offered.

The location was great if you like quiet - in a nice residential neighborhood, but next to a bus line. Not much happening around the hotel, but it is only a 10 minute walk down Merbitzer Strasse to get to other restaurants if you so desire.

Overall I will definitely stay there again when back in Dresden.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RiverKid2027
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed at the Pattis for 3 nights in July - and it was even better than 5 years ago when we last stayed at the hotel. The rooms and the ambience were still outstanding but the level of service had risen. The food is excellent and the price level very agreeable considered the hotel's high standards

Room Tip: Go for the tower rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Had a lovely stay while visiting for Women's World Cup. The hotel and its staff couldn't have been better. While somewhat difficult to find, the hotel was in quiet and picturesque neighborhood, close to public transportation which easily took us to downtown Dresden and to our stadium. Beautiful outside courtyard for drinks afterward or breakfast in the morning. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank johnbenda
Reviewed 27 December 2007

We stayed for one night in the "romantic" Hotel Pattis, but I have to admit it wasn`t romantic at all. We arrived a little late 21.30h and wanted to have dinner in the gourmet restaurant, where the table was booked for 20.30 arrival. Probably the cook had other plans, so there was no chance for us to have dinner that late, the concierge offered us a table for the next evening, and an extra night what I didn`t realized at that time, a litle angry about the behavior of that cook. We wanted to have a morning massage at the wellness area but we had to discover that this area wasn`t really clean how I would expect it in a 5 star house. However, we checked out the next morning, well surprised that 50% cancellation fee for the next night have been added to our bill. Very strange behavior. Nevertheless my wife forgot her electric toothbrush which will be sended back to us today, of course not free of charge. If you search for a romantic time and a nice Hotel better avoid that place.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Bert C
Reviewed 25 November 2007

If you are looking for a nice family operated hotel with excellent service and food you have to go there.

Be aware that you have to take a taxi to reach the inner city.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 4motion