“Superb”

Ranked #36 of 118 Hotels in Dresden
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Lovely old building near centre of city. Everything clean and perfect. Comfortable, quiet. Good breakfast but an optin o a full english would have been welcome.

Room Tip: Be polite
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I ordered a single room at the last minute online and it was excellent: well-fitted out (marvelous shower) and very well maintained. It was small, too small really for a second person but just right for me. The breakfast was very good, great way to start the day, and the location behind the main railway station was superb - two minutes on foot, even with luggage. And for this quality residence, attractive prices. The staff were helpful to me (I arrived late and they were awake to let me in; and they helped me with my computer).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I chose this hotel becasue of the free wireless internet and the handy location to the train station. Walked easily there with my luggage. The hotel certanly met my basic needs. Rooms was small, but very functional and clean. Breaksfast was good and plentiful. The staff are certainly not charasmatic but more like the room itself-- functional and adequate for the basic needs. Nice tourist map was provided. All questions quickly answered.

Nothing to get excited about but I felt I got my money's worth.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Shandtastic
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Hotel Kipping is in a convenient location with onsite (free) parking. The rooms and hotel are very nice. We found the staff to be a bit cold and not very helpful. I would not suggest this hotel for families, but would not hesitate to recommend for singles or couples.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
Melbourne Beach, Fla.
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We stayed just one night to break up the trip from the Frankfurt airport to Prague. The hotel is very convient to the main train station. You can easily walk there even with luggage. It is nice and functional and worth the price. The breakfast was also good. In the evening we walked back to the train station and then into the old town which begins right on the other side of the train station. We were pleasantly suprised by our short walk through Dresden. It is a very nice medium size German city which has been rebuilt. It would be worth a longer visit.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Orange, California
Reviewed 5 August 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Kipping one night as part of a Rick Steve tour. It is located very close to the train station in Dresden, yet I did not hear any noise from the trains. We ate a group dinner that was excellent at the hotel. I had fried my hair straightener in Berlin and was fortunate that a large shopping area is located north of the train station. This district is very modern, full of shops and restaurants. I found my new German hair straightener in a LARGE department store in this area.
I traveled on a single supplement and was assigned a cute twin bed room at the hotel. The room was nice sized, clean, and the manager was very nice. He first tried to help me with the hair straightener and when that did not work, he directed me to the correct store in the nearby shopping area. Breakfast was included in our stay.
The historic area of Dresden is FABULOUS. Make a reservation for the Historic Green Vault (well worth it) and don't miss the Old Masters Painting Gallery. It is fairly small in scale, but it is mighty in masterpieces. I thoroughly enjoyed my too short stay in Dresden. Enjoy your time in this wonderful city!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 28 February 2009

It was hot during our visit to Germany and this was one of the few hotels we stayed at that had AC. It was glorious. Oh, and the hotel was well-located near the train station and the Innenstadt as well as the Strassenbahn stops. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Parking was free and the hotel was easy to get to from the Autobahn. The staff was friendly and helpful as we planned our sightseeing. Dresden is definitely worth a visit. Mostly German and East European tourists, not many Americans. You get a good perspective of what it was like before the war, after it was annihilated on 2/13/1945, how it was rebuiltas part of the DDR, and how it is regaining its former glory after the reunification. Don't miss the Historical Green Vault- what an opulent collection of treasures from Augustus der Starke and other Saxon kings. You must buy your tickets online many months in advance (go to www.dresden.de or do a Google search--we bought ours in Feb for June). You won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple