This hotel has lots of good reviews and is rated highly as a place to stay in Leipzig, but I really don't know why it is supposed to be so good.
Yes, it is clean, albeit that the decor looks like it belongs in the 80s, but I couldn't find much else to get excited about. I had a privilege room, so the size of the room was very good. Again, the decor was functional but there were more negative aspects to the room:
- there was a general smell of sewage at certain times of the day.
- no air-conditioning so the room was very stuffy.
- the bedlinen was horribly uncomfortable. I'm not an expert, but I would say the sheets and pillowcases were not cotton, or at least had a high percentage of man-made fibres in them. I found myself waking up so often that I finally got dressed and slept in my clothes so that my skin didn't have to touch the sheets. Of course, it may be that I just have very sensitive skin, but it hasn't been a problem in all the other hotels I regularly stay at.
- the Toblerone in the minibar was mouldy.
I didn't try breakfast. At least upon check-out the gentleman at reception was a lot more polite and friendly than the sullen lady had been upon check-in the day before.
I won't stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a short stroll from the city centre, the 4 star hotel Mercure Leipzig Am Johannisplatz is in a quiet area and features 174 rooms and 9 conference rooms. All the major sights are nearby, such as the famous Auerbachs Cellar, the old town hall as wellas theopera and Gewandhaus concert hall. Our friendly service will ensure your stay in Leipzig is a pleasant one. After a busy day, relax in our wellness area or enjoy Saxon specialties in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Hotel Leipzig Am Johannisplatz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Accor Hotel Leipzig Am Johannisplatz