“ok to good” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 100 Hotels in Leipzig
Australia
“ok to good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed here after my original plan to couch surf fell through. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Location was convenient though you need to catch the tram to get into the old town of Leipzig. There is only one elevator and it is a bit slow. It was much faster to take the stairs. There is no staff after 10pm(?) which I was not told about. There's no air con so request a lower room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ozneb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

This hotel is a complete fraud. I have booked rooms in this hotel 2 months in advance, and when I got there I got placed in some room in the attic! The room was not even tall enough to stand up, and I had to go through some storage space in order to get to my room. When I saw which room I got, I went to the reception desk to complain, but some sleaze bag, so called general manager Mr Ibrahim Khalil told me I got what I payed for. I told him: "I got the good price because I booked in advance, and I would never book this room if only I knew where you would place me! Rewarded three star hotel shouldn't even have rooms of this kind"...
Let me just give you a short explanation: This hotel is rewarded by a certain quality award you can see it on the website...and that was one of the reasons I booked it...Also, the breakfast room looked great, and the pictures on it's rooms were neat...There was no attic room in the pictures...nor it was written that there is some cheap attic room which you could book...all the rooms had equal prices...
Anyway,
this was the worst experience I have ever had!
Do not book this hotel, not even if it you had to sleep outside!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank ivazd

Travellers are raving about these Leipzig hotels

Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

I reserved 3 rooms at this hotel through Hotels.com one month prior to our business trip. I called the day of our arrival to tell them that we would be checking in the day after due to cancelled flights and the person I spoke with told me that they didn't have our reservations. His tone was very short and rude. He reluctantly took my confirmation numbers which Hotels.com had issued and probably didn't bother to check his system. He insisted that the reservations were never made and that Hotels.com never booked the rooms on our behalf. The hotel was booked solid and we ended up at the Westin Leipzig Hotel which is a far better hotel. It turns out this hotel is known for not "receiving" reservations.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank travel8usa
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2009

We booked two rooms with my colleague more than a month in advance. A few weeks later they send us message that we canceled our reservation. When we try to contact the management to solve this problem, some scum named Ibrahim Khalila answer that there is no more room and we shouldn't cancel our reservation. At the same time you still can make reservation through their site but for twice more expensive. So seems like a clear fraud.

Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank dvoskov
München
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2007

We like this hotel very much nice place with nice price
Tony

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tianjin, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2007

This hotel is good for budget travelers. We stayed in a double room for one night. The rooms are very clean and a good size. The decoration was a bit dated and the bathroom was very small.
The area around the hotel is very quiet. The train station is right next to it so is very convenient for Leipzig city center.
If you an a budget this is a good hotel.

Stayed April 2007
3 Thank annomonus
North of England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2007

I always try to book near the city centre, but when I was planning my trip to Leipzig there were no rooms available at a price I could afford. The Hotel Adler didn't look far away on a map, so, having checked out the hotel's own website, I plumped for it. The directions on the website are slightly wrong in that it is only 7 stops on the tram from the main station, but no matter. It only takes 15 mins and costs €1.80 (about £1.25) for a single journey. You can also buy day tickets, but if you're just exploring the city centre then it's cheaper to buy two singles. The journey from the airport is very simple on the train (about 20 mins). If you buy a ticket from the machine on the platform, make sure it is for Leipzig zone 110. You can then use the ticket for the whole journey (including tram/S-bahn) to the hotel. This will cost €3.40 (about £2.50), and you can do the same for the return journey if you buy a ticket at the main railway station the day before you leave.
There was no problem with check-in. The room (single) was small, but perfectly adequate for my visit and the bathroom was clean with an excellent shower. The TV remote didn't work, but was repaired immediately. The hotel itself is not large (about 20 rooms) and is situated in a very quiet area. There is an S-bahn station next to it (which you can also use to go to the city centre), but I didn't hear many trains at all at night. The breakfast was good (cereals, cheese, cold meats, breads, yoghurt, fruit juices etc) and served until 10am. There is a bar, but due to the small nature of the hotel I usually had to ask at Reception for someone to serve. However, for me this added to the personal touch. The proprietor was charming and nothing was too much trouble. You could take drinks to your room if you wanted.
I don't think this would be a hotel for a family, but if you want to explore Leipzig and are looking for somewhere reasonable, then this could suit you. At €300 (about £215) for five nights, including breakfast, I felt that I had value for money and would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled solo