“Good for not demending” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 99 Hotels in Leipzig
Poznan, Poland
“Good for not demending”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a one night stay there for a city break in Leipzig.
Hotel location is not bad - there is a direct tram to the city center, although neighbourhood is not interesting.

Room was a typical three star room, with a bathtub (in plus), but without a fridge (in minus).

Decent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bucharest, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I make a reservation on this hotel for 2 single. When I arrived at hotel they said that can offer us only a double. I refused and ask them to cancel the reservation because I have to pay the cancelation. They ask me to sign in in my account and they shall show me haw to do. When I sign in and show that I have to pay they press the cancel button and took the money from my card in few minutes.
They are thieves.
Stay aware from this Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Daniel968

Travellers are raving about these Leipzig hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

What a surprise, good clean accommodation that had access to public transport and free parking, the breakfast was great at only €6, and two pubs around the corner were fantastic we feed 5 people for under €50.00. For those who do not need a fancy address or the €200 a night bill highly recommend this Hotel!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Genval, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was a bit scared at first after I booked this place before checking the ratings here, as some members had a dreadful experience. I got there without much trouble, the place is located near a S-Bahn station and a local train station. The room was clean and bright, on the small side but enough for one person. TV, safe, extra pillows and an extra blanket are available in the room. Internet is available as a wifi connection or through a guest PC in the nice lobby/bar area. The bathroom was also quite small but clean. The staff was very nice and helpful, but I did not deal with the gentleman associated to most of the negative comments. It might have made the difference. Overall a nice place, breakfast was also good and included in the price. I would give it a 3,5 star if I could. Very good budget accomodation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cimmerianbloke
bucharest
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I booked two rooms in this hotel via booking .com 4 months in advance for a business trip. A week before I arrive there, I send them a message to confirm our presence there and to be sure that would be no problems. I didn`t get any answer so 2 days before our departure I phoned them and a very cold voice said to me that the reservations are OK.
We have travelled by car arround 2000 km and when we arrived there they said taht we have no reservations although we had the print with the accept of the booking made by BOOKING.COM. So I spoke with the hotel manager and he said on a loud voice that our reservations has been cancelled by booking.com that even sent me an e-mail abuot this issue. Not true at all. We have never been contacted by anyone regarding the cancelling of our booking.
So we have checked in in another hotel with a bitter taste of the "german quality"

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank niramnimsoc
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed here after my original plan to couch surf fell through. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. Location was convenient though you need to catch the tram to get into the old town of Leipzig. There is only one elevator and it is a bit slow. It was much faster to take the stairs. There is no staff after 10pm(?) which I was not told about. There's no air con so request a lower room.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ozneb
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

This hotel is a complete fraud. I have booked rooms in this hotel 2 months in advance, and when I got there I got placed in some room in the attic! The room was not even tall enough to stand up, and I had to go through some storage space in order to get to my room. When I saw which room I got, I went to the reception desk to complain, but some sleaze bag, so called general manager Mr Ibrahim Khalil told me I got what I payed for. I told him: "I got the good price because I booked in advance, and I would never book this room if only I knew where you would place me! Rewarded three star hotel shouldn't even have rooms of this kind"...
Let me just give you a short explanation: This hotel is rewarded by a certain quality award you can see it on the website...and that was one of the reasons I booked it...Also, the breakfast room looked great, and the pictures on it's rooms were neat...There was no attic room in the pictures...nor it was written that there is some cheap attic room which you could book...all the rooms had equal prices...
Anyway,
this was the worst experience I have ever had!
Do not book this hotel, not even if it you had to sleep outside!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business