“Value for money”
Review of Ankerhof Hotel

Ankerhof Hotel
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Halle (Saale)
Dunfermline
“Value for money”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I found the hotel to be clean and tidy and gave value for money. Only real downside ....my room being on the top floor meant the roof beams were very much in the way and I ended up banging my head a few time .... easy done. My bags were lost from the airport and they staff were very helpful in calling the airport to chase up, all the staff were friendly and helpful.

I had a meal in the resturaunt in the hotel grounds and I must say it was one of the best hotel meals I have had in a long time :)

Room Tip: ask for a room without the roof beams ....
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
beirut
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed in the hotel with my family during Easter vacation 2012. Halle was so quit so as the hotel because of the public holidays so we felt a little bit lonely in this old hotel next to the Saale River. the hotel in general is nice but the rooms are a bit small. everything is very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. the location of the hotel is very close to downtown so it is very conveniant to go for a walk and visit the main seights in Halle but by car it took us a while to find it. All in all I would recommend it since i found it the most affordable compared to other hotels in Halle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Longueuil, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I was booked in the Ankerhof Hotel by the organizers of a conference at the local university and I must say I was quite pleased with my stay. The hotel is not very far from the central square of the city ( a five-ten minute walk at best) and has the advantage of being on the shore of a little river that runs through Halle so it's very quiet. The rooms are certainly not large by North American standards but quite adequate. Cleanliness is evident thoughout the hotel. Breakfasts are very copious with a great variety of choices. Desk staff speak English so there's little problem in checking in. All in all, a very good deal and I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I stayed here in February for a conference at the university. I had a single room on the fourth floor, which was small and cosy, and really beautifully decorated, with green carpet and wood furnishings. The staff at the desk were all really friendly. The breakfast was really good, and there were really cute moulded butters. Location was also good. One major thing I didn't like was that the one lift was really, really slow, and there was no real option to take the stairs, one way was blocked off and the other way the door to the ground floor was locked. Overall I had a really great stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 14 May 2008

In two days I'm going to Halle again. And like the previous time, I' will stay in Ankerhof.
The last time was a little more than a year ago. My Mum and I were visiting the University, so we first stayed in another hotel - a family one - that was nearer to the University. But after all was done, we decided to move to the center and chose Ankerhof.
The hotel is situated in 5-10 minutes to the central Marktplatz and as it was mentioned by a previous writer - just on the river Saale. It also has a restaurant that overlooks the river. Meals are very nice and really delicious and the staff is friendly there.
As for the morning breakfasts, they were served in the area of the main hall, but separated from the entrance and reception. So it is cosy and comfortable. Since we stayed in the hotel in February, there were not much of tourists. So there were no problem with waiting for the table, as the previous writer says.
Also there were some road reconstructions made just next to the hotel, but our room window looked another side of the building, so it didn't disturb us at all. By the way, we liked the interior and cleaniless and all the facilities in the room.

I hope, my review was useful. Have a good stay in Ankerhof!

• Liked — its cosiness, comfrot and location
  • Disliked — no idea
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Alaska
Reviewed 1 October 2007

This is a small hotel in the beautiful historic city of Halle and is right on the river Saale and practically next door to an old castle. It had very nice clean rooms, some with feature walls of rock. There were two restaurants, a spa/sauna area, and an entire bowling alley and bar! We did not utilize these recreation areas as we were visiting HAlle to visit with one of the students going to University in this city and she took us to all her favorite places and sights. We did eat breakfast at the hotel each day - which was included in the very reasonable rates and was excellent food. The only drawback to this was the small size of the breakfast room, and we had to wait for a table almost every day. Also, the parking area was very limited and we had difficulty finding a place to park on the days when we took the car out and returned to the hotel late. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and very tolerant of our bad German language skills. The only complaint we had about this hotel was the noise level. We could hear traffic from the street and noise from the other guests all night long every night that we were here. But overall, we loved this place and would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The value for the price.
  • Disliked — The noise level.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple