I really can't find anything bad to say about the hotel, so it gets 5 stars. Below are some things we enjoyed about the hotel....but I want to send out a caution about the town: The major churches are not open to visit due to reconstruction. That leaves only one major site in the very small city. We should have arrived later in the day. We arrived early and were left with little to do.
What we liked about hotel:
- parking in the back for free. Pretty easy to find. You can't drive into the old town area, so your only option is to turn left/right down Wallstrasse. Turn left and look for the name of the hotel and turn into driveway. May be cramped if you arrive late.
- front desk staff was very friendly
- hotel has a lift (YAY!)
- room looks like it was recently renovated. Nice rain shower head. Hot water. Beds were comfortable. Only minor thing is that the beds slide around if you lean up against headboard (i.e., trying to sit up in the bed).
- wifi was free and worked well. I was able to Facetime with no problems.
- great restaurant right downstairs
- in the town centre, so you are next to the major sites (see comment above about the sites actually being open right now)
Cons: Really, I can't think of anything that is specific to this hotel (anything is generalized to all continental hotels: square pillows and only 1 english channel on television).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Ringhotel Schwarzer Baer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.