“Old Location, New Restaurant”

L.O.K.S. Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Neumunster
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: German, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Old Location, New Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Beautifully redecorated restaurant in the old Einfeld Bahnhof (Train Station).
The menu leans toward haute-cuisine, and is therefore on the more pricey side. The food is of definite chef quality.
The carrot-ginger soup was out-of-this-world delicious - seasoned with just a touch of curry, which really danced well with the subtle ginger flavour. I could have had several bowls of this soup for my meal, and been perfectly happy.
I had never tried sauerfleisch before. When I mentioned this to our waiter (who turned out to be none other than Chef Oliver Auch, himself!) he brought me a rather generous sample to try. I liked it, but it wasn't quite what I was in the mood for, for dinner.
I ordered the "Würziges Wokgemüse (Spicey Wok vegetables) with teriyaki-pepper marinated beef strips. The vegetables were perfectly stir-fried: cooked, warm, yet firm and crunchy. The beef was cooked just the way I like it: medium rare, although I was not asked, nor did I specify this. We did not have dessert, as we were sufficiently full from the generous portions.
We had to wait a little long to pay our bill, but then again, the chef was also waiting tables, so this is understandable.
It is so nice to have food of this calibre in Einfeld. Normally, I would expect to have to travel to Hamburg to find it!
Welcome, Chef Auch!
-- I should also mention that, before this visit, I was the restaurants very first customer! I stopped by on a warm day in April, looking for a place to relax and drink a beer. A lovely young lady explained to me that they would not be open for business until the following week. Nevertheless, she pulled a table and chair out onto the patio, and cheerfully brought me a beer. A customer for life was earned! : )

• Visited May 2014