“Ok food, horrible service”

Seewolf - Bierstube & Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 416 Restaurants in Lubeck
Price range: US$14 - US$28
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small traditional German pub and restaurant (Beers & Food). Specials are fresh seafood and German Bratkartoffeln. No French Fries or microwaved food. Also available: Rumpsteak or "Schnitzel".No Credit-Cards or similar accepted.
Reviewed 7 December 2015

The food was ok, nothing special but not bad. However, the service was absolutely appaling! The portions were really large and I wasn't able to finish everything on the plate. When asked if I didn't like the food I explained this and got a grumpy reply that in that case I should have gone somewhere else and have a hot dog instead. When walking away he (we were served by the owner of the restaurant) clearly muttered out that it was an insult and later came back to explain that the chef was going to quit his job because of this. Probably meant as a joke but said in a very offensive tone of voice.
We overheard him talking to some other guests, being very misdemeaning to the customers who just left. They wanted to pay with credit card which he was very displeased with, referring to their nationality and explaining how they didn't want to use "real money" to pay, having no understanding for the country they were visiting.
I have rarely felt so badly treated at a restaurant. There are so many nice restaurants in Luebeck, this one stands out as an exceptionally bad example.

Reviewed 1 October 2015 via mobile

We were there and wanna try fresh seafood. Food was really really great but only the old guy there was not friendly, I'm not sure that he's owner of this restaurant or not because he treated customer like's we ask for his food for free. Anyway food was great if you don't care about rude service, you should go and try.

Reviewed 20 June 2015

Worst experience ever! the owner is clearly tired of running the restaurant , his service was rude and unfriendly. we even made the effort of speaking German as one of his first remarks was "wir sprechen nur hoch Deutsch" but it didn't help.Food is average and not cheap. He should really consider retirement! Not to be tried.

Reviewed 2 February 2015 via mobile

My partner and I went there to have a drink and a snack. The owner was rude feom the first second on, but at the beginning we werent sure if he is making fun in a strange way... So we ordered drinks. My partner just went to the toilet. We decided to just share a soup as we were hungry but didn't like the atmosphere, so no intention to spend too much money there. The owner looked disappointed at us and said "well I see, just here for the toilet!"
I regret that we didn't leave at this point!
The soup was tasty, one of our beers (bottle) tasted old and unpleasent. As we wanted to pay he said he is unable to give us the right amount of change so we had to tip him.
It looks nice feom the outside but the owner is obviously rude and not good with customers at all as it doesn't matter what you order he is spitting unkind comments on everybody...

1  Thank Elfe S
Reviewed 9 January 2015

We went here on Christmas Day, hoping for a wonderful experience during our stay in Lübeck. Instead, we had the worst experience we've ever had at a restaurant. It's as if the owner hates customers and wishes you had never come in, and the feeling is most definitely mutual. The mattress wasn't even that great. Avoid at all costs.