“Good location.”

TOP CCL Klassik Altstadt Hotel
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Lubeck
Reviewed 28 April 2013

First the possitive: The hotel had a good standard with nice location and freindly staff.
The negative: No hot water in the morning. Dont expect much but with the price of the suite I do expect hot water. We know that this problem wasnt in all rooms? Maybe the hotel couldnt do anything about it, but a discount on the price would have been in order.
The breakfast is not worth writing about. Standard/poor.
The hotel webpage says that there is a restaurant. There isnt unless you are 8 people or more. This I can live with because the city have lots of great restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SteenV-DK

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This is a not objective review. I booked for one night, considering it a three star hotel, which it's not. But it's very clean, with very good breakfast and caring people. There is no concierge after 10 at night, so it's kind of creepy, but it's mostly families so it's ok. Excellent for B&B, but not a hotel.
It has a personal touch and it's apparent that people care for this property. It is classy, and the restaurant area is nicely decorated. Rooms are equiped with LCD tv, which indicates that money are spent for upgrading this property.
Again my review is not objective. If i knew it was b&b, not doubt i would give 5 star. But not actually a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were there in a group of eight people for my birthday, Everyone appreciated the hotel and the standard of the rooms allocated. Fantastic breakfast and very helpful and efficient staff. I just asked to have a table alltogether for the breakfast and we had the better one. Ideally located and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Lubeck is a place that deserves a visit, and the Klassik Altstadt is a pretty good place to stay. For sure the centre of the city is small, and despite its Unesco status, is hardly touristy (perhaps even less so because my visit was in January).

The Klassik Altstadt is clean and it has plenty of character, right down to the rooms dedicated to various literary figures. Breakfast is appealing to some tastes, as is the free Apollinaris water. My only complaint was that I had to pay full rate when I asked for a room with a bathroom when the place did not appear full. But that's no disqualification, and the staff was otherwise lovely.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mklein818
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The hotel is in the real centre of Lubeck and has some charme.
I had a room without private facilities but I had slippers and bathrobe. Moreover I think I was the only gust in the floor where the rooms didn't had private facilities and so I had a bathroom pratically only for me!
The breakfast was good with also some warm dishes.
To sum up: a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Setting: A traditional hotel well placed in the old town for walking to all the sights and for shopping. Like most large towns and cities on street parking is limited but there is off street parking a few minutes walk away.
Type of accommodation: Old fashioned family hotel. Décor and furnishings very 1980s style but all in good clean condition.
Comfort. Bed and room very comfortable, good sized shower room. Room was huge (we had booked a double) there was 1 King size bed and more than enough space for the couch which could have folded down to make another double bed plus 2 arm chairs. There was also what looked like another bed in a large alcove above the walk in wardrobe! There was a pull down ladder but we didn’t bother investigating. Effectively our room could have accommodated 5.
Cleanliness; Clean with very fresh perfectly laundered linens
Service; friendly and efficient, helpful with advice on transport and sightseeing
Food; breakfast was fine but I wouldn’t rate the hot food which was sitting on warmers for a long time if you were down late (we were)
Activities; nothing in the hotel. There is a bar and a small sitting area. We weren’t enticed by the sitting area but they were more than happy to serve us a nightcap to take to our room.
Pluses; good location for sightseeing and strolling through the town. Reasonable price
Downsides. Not the hotels fault but getting there from the airport. There were no taxis. We waited ages for a bus (despite being Germany it wasn’t on time!) Seemed a bit of a trek from the bus stop with suitcases, wasn’t really when you knew where you were. I was sure I had read on line that there was a train station at the airport but the tourist office at the airport and locals all said no. I have checked since I have returned and there is, very strange.
Who its for: Any adults who don’t need hotel entertainment
Who its not for: possibly children who would get bored easily and there is no outside space.
We stayed: August 2009

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ski-er-Co.Kildare
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We stayed at Klassik Altstadt on two occations this summer, both time in the same Studio-room. The room was actually more like an apartment with an extra bed upstairs. Lots of space for three kids. Friendly "old fashioned" service!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family