The good: central location, spacious and clean room, good breakfast
1) The rooms are very dated (it did make us laugh though as the decor is hideous).
2) The rooms to the street are unbearable as this must be the party mile. Also, there is a traffic light just in front of the building so the cars with their thumping music make a real impact whilst waiting for a green light
3) They offer free Internet access but that didn't work when we were there (no Internet access at all)
4) They offered to store our luggage until check-in time (we were there at 13:00, check-in is at 15:00 - quite late), but the room where we were asked to move the luggage to was the smoking room! Who wants to keep their luggage in the smelliest room in the house?
5) One of their payment machines didn't work when we checked out, so we could only pay by credit card or cash -didn't impact us but lots of people do use their EC cards to pay for their stay.
Overall, I think I slept 3 hours in the two nights we stayed there. The rooms might be offered at a reasonable price but if you happen to get a room facing the street it's not good value for money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Phoenix Hotel Alter Speicher reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alter Speicher Hotel