“Honest Staff”

Holiday Inn Luebeck
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Lubeck
Reviewed 11 August 2014

First of all to say that the hotel is in a good location, only a 5 minute walk from the city centre and is a modern pleasant and well run hotel - with friendly and efficient staff.

That's only a part of my review though. In a dozy early morning haze I left a camera bag with a considerable amount of cash, a wallet with cards, my cell phone and two passports. These were left in a busy breakfast dining room and returned to me by the Holiday Inn staff. I am very grateful for their honesty and rather embarrassed by my own stupidly.

So a great big thanks to them for their honesty

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Midlifetourist

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in the hotel one night. A couple with a 3 year old kid.
Service at reception was quick, responsive and professional.
The room was clean, modern and spacious. We used the indoor pool which was nearly empty, clean and hygienic.
Breakfast buffet was very good.
Parking is free outside, but they charge for parking below hotel.
Hotel is located very close to the old city centre.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Conveniently located and at a fair price, I thought I would try this hotel instead of my usual preferred one on the other side of town.
A warm welcome was received and the refurbished bedroom had a high ceiling (4th floor), a comfortable bed, tea/coffee making facilities and all the usual things one expects from Holiday Inn. Breakfast was also very nice if a bit busy but, given the time of year, this was to be expected.
I ate a wonderful dinner in the restaurant and the quality and service was very good.

Now the negatives -
I was shocked at the very poor internet speed and in 2 days was unable to download a single file to my laptop. This is unacceptable for a 'business' type hotel and I pointed this out upon departure. Whilst it may have been free, this was irritating to me as a business user.
The lifts are too small and too slow for the size of hotel. Whether you wished to travel up or down was also arbitrary.
Fitness room was a bike, a running machine and a weights machine. Not what I had hoped for at all!

Come on Holiday Inn, a little more effort and you could have a real gem here!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ian P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luebeck, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Ian P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the room accommodations you had and the service you received from our staff. We're sorry for the challenges you had with our Internet and our Elevator and Fitness center was less than satisfactory. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel is situated near the river also very close to the old city gates. A walk into the alt-stadt is a mere minutes away, which has a wide range of place to eat and drink,

The hotel itself is a modern building, with good attentive staff, my room was large, clean with views over the roof tops to the city. I ate in the restaurant both nights, the food was well cooked and reasonably priced.

The hotel has a good bar, which also has a terrace on which to sit on warm summer evenings.

Only drawback was the limited free parking, otherwise the park haus has to be used at additional cost.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights very clean lovely rooms and great staff . Fantastic location for sightseeing close to city gate .nice pool and great bar with friendly staff for a late night drink ! We did not have breakfast included but found a fabulous breakfast place by the river a 2 minute walk and right by the river you could have buffet all you can eat fresh eggs etc for 9 euros hotel was much dearer ! Asked for an iron it was there in minutes . You can also check in to your flight in lobby free of charge . Tea and coffee in room but earl grey tea so ask for Darjeeling all in all a good base

Room Tip: All the same
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

the location of this hotel is excellent, just 400 meter from downtown, and people at reception are extremely gentle and smiling; and with positive notes that's all; I paid 115,- EUR to have a dusty room with dirty windows, a bed hard as wood and pillows so soft that it was like having the head on a A4 sheet of paper; a room not really clean, with spider webs, and without piece of soap and other amenities - it's not that I *love* amenities, it's that the big bottle of soap are not hygienical!, they have been touched by hundreds and thousands of dirty hands, and this doesn't give me a good feeling; only two small and thin towels, and two mid size and thin towels in bathroom, forget to dry both body and hair, you have to choose; only two elevators for a 5 floors hotel with 50 room for floor - I had to wait even 10 minutes to reach the reception, since elevators are small too; checkout is at 12.00, but for three times somebody knocked to the door, even saying: ah, you are still here... parking is free if you park in the small open air parking, otherwise it costs 12,- EUR / night, better the street parking, 5,- EUR for 24 hours; two glasses in room, dirty, and one cofee spoon was rosted; internet free, but so slow that I prefered to use my mobile internet connection; I could write other twenty lines, but it's enough; I am really angry to have paid 115,- EUR without breakfast for such a low profile hotel; everything reminds me the youth hostels - letting aside the common rooms, of course; no safe in room, windows partially locked, a loud buzz from some electric equipment all the night; pics of dirty walls and windows, etc., available upon request

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank andreasbln
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Luebeck, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear andreasbln,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with with the room condition. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable. Nice beds and good price. The hotel is located just across the bridge and is a quick walk to old town Lübeck (a UNESCO World Heritage site). Friendly and helpful staff with excellent English

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family