“Hans im Gluck; A casual relaxing evening.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peter Pane
Ranked #14 of 361 Restaurants in Lubeck
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tampa, Florida
“Hans im Gluck; A casual relaxing evening.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2015

My wife and I were in the mood for a good burger after traveling by ship for 3 weeks. We wanted a real burger but also wanted a nice atmosphere to enjoy the evening. We found both here. This place is called actually called a "Burger Bar" and although the menu was all in German, we told the waiter what we wanted and got exactly that. The burgers were good and the Aperol Spritzer that I have not seen since last year were all wonderful. My wife had a local beer on tap which she enjoyed and we spent most of the evening here just enjoying the time. The place is full of real white Birch tree trunks and is quite contemporary which add to your enjoyment. All-in-all, it was a good time. I would definitely come back again.

• Visited April 2015

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
New Hampshire
“Popular restaurant but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2015

Nice environment with trees inside of the restaurant. Service was quick and friendly. The food (primarily burgers) is good but expensive!

• Visited April 2015
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Trondheim, Norway
“Very good ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with a friend, quite full, we were lucky to find a table so booking is a good idea. the menu is rather simple, burgers is the thing. Very tasty, juicy, accompanied by salad and chips. A very short beer list for a german establishment but on the other hand extensive cocktail choice. A touch too loud music but not uncomfortable. I would not call it cheap for a burger (by no means expensive by restaurant standards) but it is definately worth it. Friendly service and fresh surroundings.

1 Thank Alexandros S
Helsingborg, Sweden
“Great value for the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2015

My girlfriend and I went to "Hans im Glück" tonight and were pleasantly surprised. The whole atmosphere and vibe from outside was what made us go in, and we were not disappointed once we got inside. Both decor and music really suited our taste!

Service was attentive, friendly and spoke English well. Food came quickly and cocktails were both big and yummy. I ordered the burger with their special cheese and avocado cream with a salad and a mojito, whereas my girlfriend had a burger with brie and lingonberries, fries and a passionfruit-based cocktail. The burgers were juicy and tasty, with flavours that worked well together, even though the combinations might sound strange at first.

As dessert we shared a frozen yoghurt with warm cinnamon-spiced apples and honey on top. Both of us absolutely loved how the warm and cold ingredients of the last dish came together. For such a nice meal the bill was not bad at all and we will definitely return when we are back in Lübeck!

• Visited January 2015
2 Thank marcusloven
Kristiansand, Norway
“A better version of Burger King?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

Went here yesterday with some friends and was quiet surprised. Decent Burger, fries and dips. Erdinger on tap was also nice. The food reminds me of a 2x better version of Burger King. Combined with the nice atmosphere the whole experience was quite nice. Cheap and tasty burgers as well. I can recomend this place!