“Elegant yet casual restaurant beside old town”
Review of Anno 1900

Anno 1900
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Weimar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Go for the daily specials; excellent.
Service is excellent.
Great place to go before or après show.
Elegant meeting place for locals for the past hundred years or more.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Last day here in Weimar and went for a special occasion meal to the Anno 1900. Well the service was very good, only two waiters who were under pressure but perfect service. The menue and food was different but above what I'd normally pay, but we new that before we arrived. There was a hiccup with my wife's meal, but they cooked a new meal which was great but just a little behind the rest of the party. Now let's sum up the evening. My three day trip to Weimar was nice but the city is a one off and two days visit not three. The restaurants in general are all overrated compared with a normal german city, but it's a different city. I went to Erfurt for a trip and that's where I would go and stay and have a day trip to Weimar, but we all learn lessons in life. However a nice restaurant to finish our trip.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

a friend took us to his favourite place in weimar and he sure didn't promise too much. the menu promised a lot and the meal we got certainly could live up to it. my buddy chose salad, my german friend and i shared a plate of carpaccio and all three of us had steak as main couse. haven't had a steak as good as this since my stop in texas a couple years ago! it might have been a lucky punch, but it sure was a delicious one...
for dessert i had a variety of cheese, the other two had an exotic version of creme brule and chocolate mousse - each of us was more than satisfied with his choice.
we barely had to wait for our meal and the wine we were recommended went along just fabulously. This evening was as close to perfect as i could think.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Went with friends - their second time - and it was delightful. Cozy interior, intriguing menu - some new dishes, and some traditional - great wine list - friendly, helpful server - could have stayed there for hours, in fact I think we did!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

After all the cultural work, you need a quiet glass of wine and some late snacks : here you have all and more , even on an old-fashioned sofa. Young staff, intellectual-looking public ( not just the eager retiree-tourist, but also good locals...)