“Good vegan options (if you ask for them)”

Shiva Weimar Indisches Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 150 Restaurants in Weimar
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian, Healthy, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Shiva Weimar takes you into an Indian world full of culinary delights. Traditional cuisine, cosy atmosphere and Indian hospitality.
Berlin, Germany
“Good vegan options (if you ask for them)”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a decent Indian restaurant in a region that has relatively few non-Chinese/Vietnamse Asian restaurants. They do a good job and the service is good. While I did not find the food to be outstanding, it was good and I was impressed that they were capable of preparing vegan options from their standard vegetarian dishes.

I'm not aware of any strictly vegan restaurants in Weimar (yet), so this is a good and healthy alternative to trying to survive on falafels in this wonderful city.

The place gets pretty full, so I recommend making a reservation.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Cherence

Galashiels, United Kingdom
“Great Indian”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is a very very good Indian. First let me say I eat about 3-4 Indians per week either in restaurants or self made curry. I like authentic dishes with reasonable (Madras hottest) spice but more important to me is the healthiness of a meal and the blend of tastes. I have been to this indian over 10 times with my Girlfriend, I have always had a very good curry. Better than any restaurant in UK. You wont find any oil on the nans, you wont have oil round your plate, you wont have to wake up in the middle of the night at drink 1L water because of the salt content. Indian dishes can be very healthy and still taste great and this is the place to go to taste a bit of authenticity! As for price, you really cant complain, Me and my girlfriend often share a starter, and share a nan and rice with main meal, 2 drinks each (Mango Lassie is great) and the bill is usually around 30-35 Euro, for such a nice meal this is a bargain.

• Visited December 2013
Weimar, Thüringen, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anika”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The taste is soooooo gud .The service is really quick and the food is hot enough and fresh .Very reasonable price i must say it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Harsha R
Wiesbaden, Germany
“Great food!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This restaurant has the best Indian food I've ever eaten. Every bite was so tasty. Had chicken in coconut sauce and chicken tandoori (don't remember exactly, but it had vegetables with it) and a spinach & potato side dish. Fantastic!

• Visited March 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A Jewel In Weimar”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

As my husband loves Indian food and it was his birthday, and we had already experienced German food in Weimar we decided on Shiva for his birthday meal. The restaurant is a little to the north of the town centre but it is easy to drive and park or bike to the location. Although a saturday we did not make a reservation and planned instead to have a latish dinner, at 9pm there were still several tables available. Our waiter was prompt in taking our order and brought beers and complementary poppadoms and a nice choice of pickles while we looked through the menu. The dishes were ones we knew and a few we didn't, we love spicy so ordered ones we had not tried before. Our waitress asked if we were OK with that and we said definitely! The food arrived well presented and with indian music in the background we enjoyed our meal there. For Germany I would say this is an exceptional restaurant, for England where we usually live I would say it was pretty average but, with 6 months to stay in Weimar I know we will be going back again to Shiva!

• Visited October 2012