All reviews recommend this hotel reception staff stayed here garage fridge bath car
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We only spent one night here passing on to Gibraltar. We parked the car safe in the garage and checked in. Serviceminded staff. Nice room. Shopping mall just up the street with many eating places. About 15 mins by car to old town, too far to walk. Hotel were located in a business area. Breakfast was very good. A children playground just outside the hotel. Can be recommended.

Room Tip: High floor, less traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Lalina_Norway,

We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Wednesday, weren't too sure on what we would be arriving to. What a fab hotel, great location, staff friendly and helpful. Half board was perfect for us. Room was lovely, central location. We will be returning and absolutely recommend. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear ratten37,

We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Hotel itself quite nice, reception staff were OK initially...
Stayed here for a couple of nights in Almeria (travel extensively on the motorbike through Spain/Portugal etc a couple of times a year...).
1 )......We were woken up at 4am by loud shouting and laughing in the hallway directly outside our room, after 5 minutes got up and entered the hallway only to find 4-5 drunk Spanish playing football in the corridor...not the hotels fault admittedly, but affected our quality of sleep especially when having to be up at 7am ready to ride 300 miles on a motorcycle.
2 ) ...When explained to the reception staff in the morning got a half hearted apology then continued writing..
3 ) nearly all "half decent" hotels leave complimentary water in the room, of course anything from the mini bar is "chargeable", but upon checkout got charged Euro 1.50 for a small bottle of water from the room.!! (39 cents across the road).
4 )Parked the bike in corner of the garage where there was no room for a car...yet still charged the same as using a car in a full parking space, would not be so bad but the garage was nearly empty.
5 ) When my wife checked us out whilst I loaded the bike up out the front.... the receptionist paid absolutely NO attention to my wife while dealing with the her..instead continued her conversation with her colleague throughout the transaction, very rude.
All in all have stayed in a few worse places, but many more better places for the money, the Hotel itself was OK, everything else needs a seriously good looking at.
I doubt very much that we will be back...
I may also add that most of our reviews on hotels and restaurants are very positive...and therefore are not in the habit of slating everywhere we visit /stay in.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
avenidahotelalmeria, Director General at Avenida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our Quality and Customer Service Department. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

I was really unhappy, I paid for full board and none of the options were satisfactory so I had to pay for my food, I went to order food and was told you will have to wait half an hour while we make you a menu exclusive to you which was a salad and two or three other options, was really embarrasing infront of the other guests, My food options took over one hour to cook as well, I basically had to pay over £100 on food I should not of had to purchase? Why would you not have a menu waiting my arrival? I was also charged double on my card for room service I already paid the waiter. Once as I left and once to the waiter, So i was conned do not stay here. My name is Davey Tyler. The staff could see I was not happy at all.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear londonmadiavale,

Regarding your review, we regret not having met your expectations. We realize that we need to improve some weaknesses in our full board services, and I assure you that we are taking immediate corrective steps to regain your confidence in us, as we are committed to give best service to our customers.

I apologise for the annoyance that this may have caused to you. The company is actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Myself and my wife have stayed on three occasions once with our two grandchildren in the very nice family room .we have just came home from a two week half board stay and I couldn't fault anything The food served in tony garcias restaurant was amazing and so too where the waiters and the chefs that cooked in front of us in the open kitchen.we had a lovely room with a balcony facing the avenue.and last but not least the reception staff who spoke good English where always pleasant.nothing was to much trouble for them .Great hotel,I'm going back in September. Mark&joan Glasgow

Room Tip: go for a balcony
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark and Joan, We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our operation and services. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at AVENIDA HOTEL and very much hope that you will remain a valued customer. We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Almería. Best Regards, Antonio Aguilar