“Great Value, Great Service”

Vincci Hotel Envia Almeria Wellness & Golf
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Almeria
Murcia, Spain
“Great Value, Great Service”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

A beautiful 5* hotel, with a lovely (although rather tricky) golf course, set in beautiful grounds. Only disappointment was that the spa facilities come at extra charge, and rather expensive at that, and the TV in the room was rather old fashioned. We stayed on a bed, breakfast and evening meal basis and really cannot fault either the food or the service. Our waiter in the evening (Antonio) couldn't do enough to make us feel welcome. As ever in Spanish hotels there are no tea/coffee making facilities but we took our own!!

Room Tip: Ours was on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool and we had no complaints.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LinandVic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Just got back from a week at the Envia (November), Hotel is very very nice and clean, Staff very well mannered and helpful. We stayed on a Full Board basis and all week the evening meal was the same choice without change. The hotel does promote itself as a golf and "wellness" hotel but to use the spa facilities you have to pay 25 euro's per day plus 5 euro's for a cap. So beware as the outside pool as you would expect is not heated so a very expensive swim if you wanted one. Like i say the hotel, staff and rooms are excellent but you may not get what you were expecting.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank paul w
Hampshire
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Golf course 5 * Location 5 * Unfortunately the food with the package was very poor only 2 * and it doesn't open before 8pm, which is a little late. No tea/coffee in the rooms, difficult to get service elsewhere [even at 2:50 euro a pop] Hard beds and no SKY TV. In October there are no direct flights to Almeria, it was a 3 hour drive from Malaga airport, 2 from Murcia. It was a bargain price, but the old adage is true 'you get what you pay for'............

Room Tip: ask for a sunny room with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank fullfatchip
Cartagena, Spain
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I've been to Envia Wellness before and thoroughly enjoyed the stay there.
I wondered whether the second time around whether I would be quite so impressed.
I was!
The hotel is great, you feel like you are in a 5 star hotel and the staff, service,rooms and facilities are great.
Previously we did B&B and couldn't fault a thing. The spa, although not massive, is excellent, one of the best I've been to.
This time we took a HB offer and were excited to try a 5 star evening menu. THere wasn't a huge choice, but something for everyone and it sounded nice. This is the only thing that disappointed us - the food looked nice, but generally it tasted bland - for me, this wasn't 5 star. The second night, I wasn't actually looking forward to eating dinner!
So, overall - fantastic, on a B&B basis, I can't fault it, and will be going again for a treat sometime soon I hope. (Just skip their menu.)

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank janestopforth
Reading
Reviewed 27 October 2008

When we finally arrived at the hotel we were very impressed with the main lobby and entrance. We were greated with champagne and shown to the room which was over looking the golf course, it was lovely and clean. We had a fantastic balacany and the bathroom was amazing, double bath and shower.

The staff were lovely, it was very quiet as it was off season and so we had the place to ourselves. The golf course was also quiet which was great for my wife as she is a beginner. Very hilly course so would recommend getting a buggy out.

We are definately going to go back to the same hotel next year as we had such a nice time.

• Liked — It was quiet and very posh
  • Disliked — Swimming pool was dirty and cold
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We have just returned from a week travelling from Malaga to Alicante and stayed in a number of fine hotels over the week. Unfortuantely staying at hotel this was not a pleasant and relaxing experience.

Some of the things complained about may seem minor but when you consider this is supposed to be a five star hotel, the service was far from 5 star.

We arrived at 1.30 pm. No room was available. No problem we decided to have lunch. I asked the receptionist if we could have a room overlooking the pool on a higher floor. I was told this would not be a problem.

We had taken our cases in from the car, in the hope that a room would be available. No one offered to take our cases, and the receptionist simply disappeared. Somewhat surprised we put the bags back in the car and went for lunch.

We returned to reception and were given a key and directions for our room, which was on the second floor, but in effect was half a floor up from reception. Not the high room we had requested, but not a problem. Again no offer was made to help with bags or show us to our room.

When we arrived in the room, it was magnificent. Large, with two queen beds, seperate seating area, desk etc. The bathroom was huge. Double circular bath, seperate walk in shower, double vanity and seperate room with toilet and bidet.

We were delighted until we went to open the curtains. To find not a view of the pool, but rather a view of a brick wall with the access road to the hotel car park in between.

No balcony or terrace, not even patio doors.

I returned to reception to request another room. The receptionist tutted, shrugged his shoulders and went away. He came back a couple of minutes later to inform me that this was the room I had reserved (through expedia) and that there were no more rooms available. This despite the hotel appearing less than half full. If however I came back at 9pm, they may have another room available.

I then tried to book a table in the a la carte restaurant for dinner. I was told to go to the bar and ask there. Why could the receptionist or the concierge not make the booking. I dutifully went to the bar, to be told that a booking was not necessary and only when I insisted did they make a note of our details. I was not prepared to turn up for dinner to be turned away.

Most of the rest of the couple of days went quite smoothly although the level of service and attention was far from 5 star and the hotel appeared to be short staffed especially in the bar when 1 barman was left to serve drinks and food and clear tables even though it was lunchtime and quite busy.

On the second day I played golf. The course although obviously new was interesting and in good condition. The staff could not have been any more helpful.

On returning at approx 6.30 pm my wife met me in reception as she had come to complain that our room had not been cleaned despite our being out most of the day and her reminding them at 4pm.

Having just played golf all I wanted to do was get a shower and relax for an hour or so before dinner, however I had to wait for the room to be cleaned and had to hang around in reception for another half an hour for this to be done.

When we did go down for dinner we were told that both the buffet restaurant and the al la carte restaurant were closed although there was a set menu available consisting of 3 choices for each of the 3 courses at a cost of 35 Euros each, not including wine.

We got in the car and drove down to Roquetas de Mar and had a nice meal there for less than the price for one at the hotel, including drinks.

When we checked out no one asked if we had, had a good stay, clearly we had not and perhaps they knew that.

No assistance with our bags again.

If this had been a 3 star hotel, then these things may have been acceptable. For a five star and the price you pay accordingly, cetainly not.

We subsequently went on to Almeria and stayed at the Husa Cathedral Hotel, a small boutique hotel in the city centre.

The level of service afforded by the staff at this hotel was in total contrast to the one we encountered at Envia and for a fraction of the price.

In conclusion when reading the review you might think that some of the things complained of are somewhat petty, however my expectations of a 5 star hotel are for excellent service and that certainly was not the case. I note that Barcelo have now acquired this hotel. Perhaps this large international group will improve things. I hope so.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — staff attitude
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
7 Thank GildersomeRhino
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2008

Wife and I stayed for 6 nights starting 17th February.

Hotel is situated next to Golf Club and surrounded by recently-built apartment blocks and villas. At present not somewhere to stay if you like venturing out for a walk in the evening. There are NO bars, restaurants or shops anywhere near!

Public area clean and large, with plenty of seating. Views good from most rooms overlooking pool, and from balcony in front of lounge bar. No views from swimming-pool area due to top of building blocking view. Otherwise swimming-pool would be lovely area to relax in warmer months, with nice gardens surrounding it, and plenty of sun-beds.

Rooms large, clean and comfortable. Huge bathrooms with large baths and showers. Huge balcony with sunbeds would be ideal for warmer weather. Beware, if you don't have a room with " a view", you may be looking out at a wall. "Mountain-view" is not what I would call it. Interesting that "turndown" service for first four nights, including chocolates, was suspended for last two nights!

Food mixed. Cuisine largely Spanish with International overtones. If you like your meat cooked, make sure you ask waiter, otherwise it will arrive pink and bloody. In fact, even if you do ask for your steak to be well-cooked, it may still arrive rare. English translations on menu rather quaint. Can you guess what "fried milk" is? Senior restuarant staff very unfriendly, waiters and waitresses not so.

Stragely, bar has no price list for drinks, but boasts four for water(!), tea, snacks and whiskies!

Internet access from "business centre" a joke. Most functions turned off, including javascript. I was unable to access my emails and was still charged 5 euros for 30 minutes. Reception refused to refund.

Would be interested to see what it is like when surroundng building work is complete, and when weather better!

• Liked — views from bedroom
  • Disliked — business services
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jf1949