“If only I had more time”

Los Millares - Museo Arqueologico de Almeria
Ranked #12 of 77 things to do in Almeria
Hardingstone
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If only I had more time”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Went in August 2012. Arrived too late in the day so spent only about 20 minutes there before the site closed. Really disappointed as I love these ancient sites. Gave it 4 stars as I think it would have been worth 4 if I had been able to spend all the time there that I wanted to. It was not easy to find and we drove past it to begin with. It is on the left as you drive towards Almeria. There is a small exhibition and then you walk out some way to the site. It is huge and in the middle of a desert almost. So very hot in August and no where to get drinks so stock up. I saw a massive stone gatehouse, low walls and some hut circles but not much else. If I return to southern Spain I will most certainly visit it again.

Visited October 2012

Almeria, Spain
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A journey for nothing!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It is quite a drive from Almeria and unless you are into archeology not really worth the visit in my estimation. If you like walking it is ideal as the sites to be seen are some way off from the building which houses the exhibits.

Visited September 2012
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“small but very well laid out”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a very nice yet small museum of the history of Almeria focusing on the very early phases of the history. I especially liked the videos and staged "scenes" because they made it more alive. Staff was friendly and helpful and the museum was free. This is a nice way to spend an hour or so.

Visited June 2013