“Ok place to stay for a night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hospederia Luis de Gongora

Hospederia Luis de Gongora
Ranked #9 of 36 Cordoba B&B and Inns

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Strategically located in a quiet street but near to the heart of the action in Cordoba. Few minutes walk to restaurants, shops and the Mezquita. Upon entering the property, you are taken aback with the beautiful lobby and garden terrace. Room was clean with tv and internet connection but shower was small. Nice and friendly staff. Very good value for money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St-Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

we stayed here in april 2014 for La Semana Santa, The hotel has a great location - in the central area, Juderia, almost on the Plaza de la Trinidad with a wonderful medieval church and some nice cafes, all the main sightseeings are very close to it. Some procession of nazarenos ended in this church. The parking is very close and not expensive. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Nothing bad to say at all, and the price was unbeatable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
u.k
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent small hotel,situated near to every thing a tourist wants to see.
the rooms are fairly small but spotless and with a very good shower.
We found it a little difficult to find but with the help of a local took who us to the door.
Street parking is almost impossible so we parked in the underground car park on the Paeso de la Victoria,11 euros for 24 hours.

Room Tip: I think the rooms at the front would be noisy in the summer.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Iasi, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

we travelled to cordoba in october 2013 with family in a group of 5. the hotel is charming. the building is quite old - and built in the moorish fashion:very tall and narrow with a small interior garden so the rooms are very small but very nicely decorated and clean. The staff is overall helpful - unfortunately one of the people at the reception desk - however well intended - speaks very little english so it is harder to understand each another if you're searching for directions .
you cannot park in the vicinity of the hotel, so we had to use a public underground parking close to one of the main streets in cordoba and at first the hotel was hard to reach - even if it is a short max 10 min. walk from the parking.
the mezquita, alcazar and roman bridge are a very short walk from the hotel, in 5-10 minutes you're there.
on the opposite direction to the other, more modern side of cordoba you have (also in max 10 min on foot) plaza de las tendillas, the commercial streets with a huge number of bars that were so loud at night we thought we landed in the middle of a stadium. the closest supermarket we found was(as always) a Mercadona in a El corte ingles shopping mall. it is about 5 min on foot from plaza de las tendillas.
I definitely recommend this hotel, it has a great location, great rooms - the only small problem is the parking (a bit too far if you have a lot of luggage) but that wouldn't stop us from staying there again.

Room Tip: for easyer acces choose the rooms on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The room we had was spacious nicely decorated with a good sized bathroom, we had been advised to book a superior room which was still very good value. It was on a lovely old street, very narrow, about 10 minutes walk from the Mezquita. The wifi connection was weak in the room but stronger down below in the lounge near the reception.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

My previous review was removed because my experience was so bad here that I worded it perhaps too strongly. I'll keep this brief. I do not believe that this hostel is trustworthy. My experience was that having booked a stay here, I arrived late at night to discover that actually they had no room for me. They moved me to a very unpleasant alternative accommodation. I informed them that I wanted to leave as this was not what I had booked. On my return I discovered that I had been charged to my credit card for nights I did not stay, even though they had been unable to provide me the room I had booked. I have tried for several months to recover the money through the travel agent and then the hostel, unsuccessfully.

On these grounds that 1) the room booked was not provided and b) they were unwilling to refund me for nights I did not stay when they did not maintain the booking, I conclude that they are untrustworthy and cannot recommend them.

Doubtless they will complain again about this review - naturally they do not want this story to impact on their reputation and business, I just wish they had thought of that at the time and not now!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Savedave31
Luis D, Front Office Manager at Hospederia Luis de Gongora, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Mr. Dave,

hi again, is the third time you write an opinión about the same reservation and facts.
Regarding again your new opinión, we would like to let you know that we do not have the power to remove opinión from tripadvisor, is only tripadvisor who has the power to do it. Don't you think that it been has been remove after giving them all the evidences and documentation it means that in the real world ( not in your realiaty) you are not right. Or basically your opinión are a true fraud

Anyway, we are really sorry as we has became your obsession, but once again we offer our email address info@hospederialuisdegongora.com to invite everybody to ask for the information about your issue and they will check without any doubt how wrong you are. ( Remember we have all the documentation).

Unfortunately, we have to reply because we have the truth and we are not going to give the chance to publish lies without replying at least

See you until next time you write another opinión (we are sure you will) and we wish a nice week, thanks for keeping us active to improve our service to our customers everyday.

Best Regards