- perfect location for tourists
- beautifully maintained patios
- lovely cool pool
- helpful staff
- awesome air conditioning
- well appointed and modern bathroom
- wifi officially only works in the patios and lounge, although it was mostly fine in our room. A pretty slow connection though.
- The only window in the room was patio-facing so lacked privacy with the curtain open but was gloomily dark with it closed.
- I felt apprehensive about other reviewers' comments about street noise so was pleased to find we'd got a room on the "quiet" side of the hotel and two floors up as well. No such luck. Room-to-room noise was minimal (apart from the hotel's unique "tornado toilets" as we christened them - so loud and vicious in their flush that you could hear them from two rooms away!). Room-to-hotel noise was the killer here - awful: squeaking door hinges, slamming doors, any conversations outside (drunken at 1 or 2am or families at 7am), luggage being pulled along, anything dropped in the patio areas etc etc etc. and all at the actual volume. This was probably due to the one window being double glazed but the door having no insulation at all - in fact with the lights out, sunlight poured through three of the four sides of the closed door it fitted so poorly. Not a place for a great night's sleep, unfortunately.
A shame as this is a beautiful, historic and interesting hotel, but I'd think twice about booking here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Casas de la Juderia Hotel in Cordoba boasts a privileged setting as it opens its doors to overlook the Jewish Quarter, the Xth century Caliphate’s Baths, in the garden of Campo Santo de los Martires, right in front of the hotel; and in the same area, there are the Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos (Alcazar of the Christian Monarchs), the Royal Mews and just 200 metres away, the Great Mosque of Cordoba. The history and architecture of the building have been strictly respected in its restoration into a hotel. The outcome has been an especially charming hotel with all the facilities and services demanded by today’s traveller in a really beautiful setting where to enjoy peace and quiet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Las Casas de La Juderia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Casas De La Juderia Hotel Cordoba