“Loved it!”

Hospederia del Atalia
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Great location (convenient yet quiet), very pleasant and helpful staff, very nicely decorated spotless room, great shower and thick towels (I hate these cheap thin towels), good amenities, a big room for a single occupancy, great value (118 for two nights in July 2011). What else can you ask? I definitely recommend!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hospederia del Atalia

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here for one night in June. It was a hotel located very central inside the old town. I wasn't ready for this so i was very surprised once i got there. It took me a long time to get to the hotel, as Cordoba and the old town are filled with one-way streets, one wrong turn and you will have to make a round of Cordoba to get back there again!And make sure you don't drive a car that's too big or you wont be able to drive around!

The room was very nice for a 3 star hotel, and the staff was friendly. Not all of them spoke good english, but ok. We did not have breakfast at the hotel. And its better not to have breakfast as Granada has great cheap places for a good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kljuc
Reviewed 11 June 2011

We arrived prior to check in time which was no problem. Not only did we receive a room immediately but we were upgraded to their suite at no charge. This was such a treat at the end of a long trip around Spain. The staff was very nice but in some instances we had to rely on our Spanish as not everyone seemed to speak English. Not an issue for us but could be problematic if we spoke no Spanish. The room was very comfortable and the decor was incredibly charming. The only problem we ran into was the shower. The drain must have been partially clogged because it was draining very slowly and we had to keep turning off the water to keep it from overflowing. I'm sure that we could have asked the staff to fix it but since we were only staying one night it didn't seem worth the trouble. We had breakfast which was fine but very basic. Toast or croissant with yogurt and some average looking fruit. The coffee was a nice treat though. No safe in the room which was a little inconvenient. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was a perfect location right by the Mezquita and the room was very relaxing and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

the hotel is fine and it is in a great location, shower is small noisy and plastic

if it was about half to two thirds of the price (ie in line with every where else we stayed in andalucia) we would not have been unhappy

(in their defence it was a busy weekend, but the hotel is not as flash as it looks on the internet)

Room Tip: get a big discount our stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed in the Hospedería del Atalia and we absolutely loved it. The rooms were beautifully decorated, contemporary and very clean. The showers in the rooms were amazing, the beds were extremely comfortable and each rooms had its own heating unit, which was great. The location was ideal, in the center of the Judería and within 2 minutes walking to the Mezquita. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and quick to deal with any problems. A pipe had burst in the lobby, but they were quick to reassure us the it would be taken care of, and it was fixed by the morning.
The only things that I would recommend to future visitors who are visiting for the weekend is to park outside of the Judería. Parking for the hotel is 15€ per day , which is quite expensive (during the week it´s a decent price), in addition to the fact that driving through the streets in the center is practically impossible. So, I´d recommend to find a parking space outside in the blue line area. You can pay for parking on the streets and save a lot of money. Also, the breakfast is 6€, which isn´t bad, but you can always go to a bar around Cordoba and spend around 3€ per person for a whole toast (mollete entero) and coffee. I know it´s not a big saving, but for those pinching pennies, it can be helpful.
Overall, we have zero complaints about the hotel. We would highly recommend it for anyone going to the beautiful city of Córdoba.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leodani21
Reviewed 2 January 2011

POSITIVES : location is good; peaceful but central. Comfortable. Pleasant room.
Near lots of good restaurants.
Good beds, and all very clean. The roof terrace looked very nice, but it was too cold in November to make use of.
We didn't have breakfast, so I can't comment on that.
IRRITATIONS : for 145 euros a night I would expect a hairdryer, safe, fridge, some drawers for underwear etc, a light on or above the desk, enough clothes hangers, and more than one all-purpose shampoo/shower gel and a mini-soap. A full-length mirror would also have been nice, as would one English language TV channel.
Of course it is perfectly possible to manage without all the above, but then the price should reflect what is provided, and what is not.
They appear to have spent a lot of money on fancy showers, and acres of white leather lobby furniture.
Our shower was horrible; ridiculously complicated with internal mirrors, lights and radio, temperamental settings, and made of a nasty white bouncy plastic.
The bathroom was big enough for a bath and walk in shower, so I'm not sure why they chose the tacky shower unit.
When we arrived 2 bedside lightbulbs were not working, and we had only a few mismatched rubbishy hangers. This was rectified quickly upon asking.
Another day we had no toilet paper (for some reason they were mean about topping it up)
and I had to wait for 15 minutes as one harassed-looking receptionist dealt with check-ins, check-outs and other issues, before I got a toilet roll.
They should understand that to look like a "boutique hotel" is not enough; they need to attend to the details before it is worth the money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SylvieNeedleman
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Just finished a three night stay at Hospederia del Atalia with my mom and sister. The owners are very sweet and hard-working. The hotel is very clean and pleasant. The roof deck is a great place to relax and has a fabulous view of the Mezquita. The breakfast is nicely done - just croissant or toast with coffee and OJ but it was kind of perfect for what we wanted to start the day. They have parking if you just reserve it in advance.

The only reasons I didn't give this 5 stars:

1. Recently in Cordoba they have done a huge amount of roadwork and closed several streets. This made getting to the hotel the kind of nightmare that I can't even fully describe to you. I'm talking about a harrowing drive in circles through streets too narrow for Americans to navigate. in a BMW SUV. Seriously it sucked. However, I will say that the owners spent a long time with me on the phone trying to guide us to the hotel which is how we eventually got there. Once you check in, you won't need your car!

2. There were ants in the room. They were the tiny little ants that you can barely see, but they were there. I did mention it to the owners and I believe they sprayed but it didn't eliminate the problem during our stay and although not a huge deal, for someone else it could be a dealbreaker. They probably would've given us another room but I had already bought too much to move LOL.

A couple of other words to the wise - leather is cheaper here than in Seville (so far).

The Mezquita has a 9:30am mass on Fridays - no fee for admission and you can hear the priests sing the mass, accompanied by the enormous pipe organ. If you go, please be respectful and don't take photos during the very formal mass (about 40 minutes long).

The restaurant Rafae directly across from the hotel is yummy :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends