“A very relaxing hotel with a good pool and grounds”
Review of Ayre Hotel Cordoba

Ayre Hotel Cordoba
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

The Ayre Hotel is in a very smart residential area a ten minute bus ride from Cordoba or around 8 euros in a taxi. It has free onsite parking in covered bays and it has large grounds and a good pool. It also had floodlit tennis courts. Its a large hotel but is only 3 floors high so it doesn't feel huge. There is not much happening inside the hotel except reception and breakfast. There is a pool terrace and restuarant and we ate there 2 nights running. The food and drinks were very reasonable and there was a vegetarian option. The service was slow but only because they could have had more staff. Everything arrived eventually if you dont mind a wait. Our room had a balcony and was quite spacious. Very good value for the 60 euros a night that we paid. We stayed for a second night and would go back. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit and for sharing such a nice and comprehensive review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities and our services.
Please accept my apologies for the at times less than prompt service. As the one responsible for the hotel operations, I will closely monitor our service times in an effort to find improvement opportunities.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit should you consider I could be of any assistance. It would be for me a great pleasure to welcome you on your return from beautiful Scotland.

Ayre Hotel Córdoba

Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at Ayre Hotel in Cordoba for one night during our Malaga, Cordoba, Granada, Seviile, Lisbon trip in late August. The hotel was airy and full of light with a very nice outside area, pool, and cafe/bar with very helpful staff. It was a very nice hotel to relax outside and felt like a resort compared to a hotel in the city.. This hotel was our travel company's choice, that's why I can not say much about the cost of staying here. We did not experience any problems except a little glass roof repair. The breakfast was adequate.. We would recommend this hotel, especially in the summer months, when you need to relax and feel refreshed in its pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

I am very glad that you enjoyed our facilities and our services.
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that the repair works in the halls glass roof may have caused you.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance, it would be for me a great pleasure to greet you on your return.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is located outside of Cordoba, around 10 minutes by taxi (8-10 Euros) or buses every 30 minutes from the main road outside.

There are nice gardens, tennis courts, a pool and outside bar to relax in and feels more like traditional resort than the hotels based in the city centre.

The reception staff were really helpful when asked for assistance with taxis etc

The hotel had been damaged by a storm before we arrived which left part of the reception area open to the elements and part of the Hotel bar facilities closed. There needed to be more information about this when you check into the hotel, to at least explain the strange sight on arrival.

Breakfast was adequate, basic continental with a small choice of fruit.

The room was functional, clean and fairly unremarkable but the beds squeaked when you sat on them or moved around in the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that the repair works in the halls dome top may have caused you.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance, it would be for me a great pleasure to greet you on your return.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at the Ayre Hotel for a one night stop-over in Cordoba. It is an easy 5-10 minute drive from the town centre and offers great facilities, including car parking, and all at a good room rate.

The room was a good size, with a very comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom was similarly well sized with good shower and other fittings. Being set in a quiet outer suburb, means no road/traffic noise. We got one of the best night's sleep of our 10 weeks in Europe. The room was spotlessly clean, with ample supply of towels and good quality bed linen.

The hotel itself is quite grand - well deserving of the 4 stars. It has a large garden area surrounding the pool - more like a luxury resort than a hotel. Even had a tennis court. In-room WiFi Internet is included and worked well..

For convenience, we ate dinner at the in-house restaurant. The buffet, served outdoor in the garden area was OK, but a bit of a let down after the quality of everything else.

Service at reception was friendly, but as others have noted, a little slow. What usually takes 2-3 minutes, took about 5 at the Ayre. No a great problem, but after a long drive, you just want to check-in and get to your room.

You do need a car to get to the hotel, but a free shuttle into town is provided. We drove in-out of town. Parking was no problem.

We rate the Ayre as an excellent hotel, made all the more attractive by the room rates. We would certainly return, and be very happy to stay for a longer period.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stay there for four days.Airy, green and relaxing hotel in the northern suburbs of Cordoba. The pool and bar area are excellent, offering plenty of shade under trees from the heat, safe life-guarded bathing in a really good pool and an adjacent (also shady) cafe/bar. Large, clean and bright rooms. Very helpful service, decent wifi and comfortable room. We liked it very much and will visit again

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Ayre Hoteles A, Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit and for sharing such a nice opinion with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

The hotel is even though beautifully set overlooking the mountains, it doesn't offer great access into the city. Our travel style is to use local transport and the only bus that takes you into downtown is infrequent and takes forever to go into downtown.

If you're looking to spend some time in the hotel, not leave often and use their room service, then it's possibly not that bad.

I wouldn't personally recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Sir,
I am sorry you found our location not convenient, anyhow, let me specify, in order to better inform other travelers, that we are located at Cordoba’s most exclusive residential area, only 4,2km or a 7 minute drive from the city centre, as Córdoba is a small city. We are also very well connected with the city centre by two bus lines, and our guests can enjoy a daily free shuttle service after breakfast from the hotel to the city centre and Historic Quarter. As a rewarding consequence of our location, as you mention in your comment, our guests can enjoy the beautiful grounds, the swimming pool with grass solarium, the peacefulness at night and the gratuity of the parking.
I am sure that the day you took the bus there was some unusual problem, as the bus is usually a punctual and reliable service.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a future visit would you consider I could be of any assistance.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Although it's a little bit far from the city center, it's a great hotel to stay. Nice facilities, an excellent room with Wi-Fi and a great pool. The staff is friendly and very professional. The only thing less positive is that they could have more than one electric plug in the room, to put on charge the electric devices.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ayre Hoteles A, Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for choosing Ayre Hotel Córdoba during your visit and for sharing your opinion with other travelers on Tripadvisor. I am very glad you liked our facilities.
I apologize regarding the few number of plugs available in the rooms, new electronic devices have increased the need of plugs and we are actually planning to increase the number of them shortly.
Regarding the hotel’s location, let me also specify that we are located at Cordoba’s most exclusive residential area, only 4,2km or a 7 minute drive from the city centre, as Córdoba is a small city. We are also very well connected with the city centre by two bus lines, and our guests can enjoy a daily free shuttle service after breakfast from the hotel to the city centre and Historic Quarter. As a rewarding consequence of our location, our guests can enjoy the beautiful grounds, the swimming pool with grass solarium, the peacefulness at night and the gratuity of the parking.