“free parking”
Review of Ayre Hotel Cordoba

Ayre Hotel Cordoba
Ranked #27 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 6 March 2014

every thing you can expect from a 4 stars and much more. i liked the free parking, the big room and the good breakfast price. it was easy to find my way to city center and park there and much cheaper.

Room Tip: take a gps with you. very easy to find your way into oldtown
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MONA_HOD
Ayre Hoteles A, Director General at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay so much.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit or to refer to me any friend or relative visiting Córdoba, It will be a great pleasure to welcome and take care of them personally.

There are newer reviews for Ayre Hotel Cordoba

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stopped at the Ayre hotel on 10th February 2014 for just one night having simply turned up at the door during our holiday touring Spain and Portugal. We chose the hotel as it was on our route and on the strength of the Tripadvisor reviews which gave us confidence.

Upon arrival we found that the reception desk was under refurbishment so a small desk served as the reception area, however a quick ting on the bell saw a receptionist with us within seconds. After informing us of the rate including breakfast we decided to go ahead and booked the room.

Upon arrival in the room we found a warm spacious room with a very well appointed bathroom, bath and shower as well as toileteries. There was complimentary water both sin gas and con gas in the fridge too.

The beds were two large singles together. We didn't specify a double bed so didn't get one although whether that could have been an option I'm not sure. They were comfortable though and after settling in we went to the bar where we had a couple of drinks each which were very reasonably priced. We weren't hungry but glanced at the food menu and found that whilst it was probably 4 star prices, in line with the hotel's rating, from what we saw from other guests it was very well presented and probably decent value.

Free wifi was provided. We received two passwords for the wifi, for two different devices, although had we needed another I daresay this wouldn't have been a problem. I did find that I needed to keep logging in although this could be more to do with my device than an issue with the wifi.

When it came to bed time I found that we could clearly hear noise from other rooms, especially water running etc. Someone must have had the mother of all showers as it seemed to go on for ages. That said, there was a door separating the main room from a little hallway from which the bathroom went off so it might have been the case that this minimised the noise, but I'm not sure. However, this wouldn't stop me from staying here again as this is a problem in most hotels if I'm honest.

The following morning was obviously breakfast time and for breakfast we found a good selection. There was fruit, pastries, cereals, bread, juices, meats and cheeses as well as a hot counter where there was my favourite scrambled eggs, mushrooms, bacon and mini sausages. There was obviously coffee too along with hot water and warm milk. Various teas were also on offer. We certainly didn't leave the breakfast room hungry that's for sure.

The hotel itself is out of the city centre but a very short drive and I think good for public transport too. It's location is good and the fact you can park too is a major plus point.

All in all, given the fact that this was a 4 star hotel, we thought that it was good value for money, extremely clean, the staff were very friendly and polite and next time we are in the area, we will certainly give great consideration to booking here again. The fact that we left smiling looking forward to our onward journey probably says it all I suppose.

I only rated 4/5 owing to the noise aspect but wouldn't let it put me off as this would depend on who was in at the time I suppose.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lnt999
Ayre Hoteles A, Director General at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear valued guest,
You might like to know that the front desk refurbishment finished and we have now a beautiful front office.
I am surprised by the length and detail of your review, for which I must thank you. It is truly comprehensive and I am sure other travelers will find it very helpful.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit as I would be very pleased to welcome you personally.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is located in a nice suburban area about a 8 minute drive from town. I was only there a day, so I decided on taxis to get to and from the hotel instead of losing time waiting for buses. The cab fare is fairly cheap and they come very quickly once the desk calls for you. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The benefit of being so outside the center is that the rooms and bathrooms are more generously sized than most European rooms and there's a pool on the property. They also offered nice toiletries, which isn't necessarily guaranteed even at 4 star hotels in Europe (my hotel in Madrid didn't).

What I remember most is actually a ham sandwich I had after coming back from dinner in town (my faulty Spanish + flighty waiter = very light dinner). I just wanted a small bite, but it was so good, I finished up the whole thing and the waitress was lovely. It's almost 4 months later and obviously I'm still thinking about it. So, if don't want to go back and forth into town for a meal, you won't suffer. Breakfast buffet was the best I had during my trip.

I only rated 4 out of 5 because of proximity, but the hotel itself is wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Jwpark
Ayre Hoteles A, General Manager at Ayre Hotel Cordoba, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for your patronage and for sharing such a nice and comprehensive review with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed both our facilities and our service.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

This has the feel of a tourist group/convention-style large hotel, but is a pleasant place. There is noise from the hallways and the rooms on either side, but the place is clean and well kept up. Breakfast has a lot of choices; though you will not find the best anything, you should be able to find something.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,
Thank you very much for your patronage and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel pleasant, clean and well kept.
We do indeed host corporate meetings, conventions and other events and also tourist groups.
My apologies regarding the noise, we do have some rooms closer to noisy areas which we are sound proofing.
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me directly in a future visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel is located in a quite part of Cordoba away from the hustle and bustle .The number 10 bus has a stop nearby .The other allternative is to call for a taxi ,which the hotel staff is happy to do for you .The fares are not too high and for a small family like ours it was the better option compared to the bus .But if you are alone it wouldnt make sense . The place is well kept and the staff are quite pleasant and helpfull .It was raining when I was there and I couldnt enjoy the lawns though it looked welcoming .The staff at the front desk where very helpfull in directing me around the various tourist attractions in Cordoba .Definitely the place to stay for a quiet and relaxing experience .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank kengatt

Dear valued guest,
I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed our facilities, our services and the city. What a pity the rainy weather…
Thank you very much once more and please do not hesitate to contact me in a prospect visit.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The first thing is to make sure you've sorted transport into Cordoba. Staff are friendly, food pretty good though to be honest nothing to remember - the value is fine. Rooms are comfortable but sound insulation is not-existent.

Room Tip: Because of the lack of sound insulation, be at an extremity away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your patronage and for sharing your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff friendly and our rooms comfortable.
Regarding our location, please allow me to specify in order to better inform other travelers, that we are located in Cordoba’s most exclusive residential area, only 4,2km or a 7 minute drive from the city centre.
We are also very well connected with the city centre by two bus lines and there is a Taxi stop very close to the hotel, so taxis take only a few minutes to arrive when called.
My apologies regarding the noise in your room, we do have some rooms which are closer to busy areas and are working on improving their sound proofing.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

This is a super little spot. A real Oasis with a lovely little swimming pool, umbrellas, loungers and a lovely al fresco bbq dinner on the lawn. So relaxing, warm and welcoming. One tip. ....BIG tip! Do not get a room next to an early rising tour group. This used to be a religious retreat in a previous life. .. there was no need for thick walls. Be warned, they are PAPER THIN! Other than that, fab little find - Oh yes, and you will definitely need a car. Thank you, muchos gracias Ayre hotel, Cordoba

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,
I am very glad that you enjoyed our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the excessive noise during the departure of those groups.
Muchas gracias once more and please do not hesitate to contact me directly in a future visit.