“A nightmare without the sleep.”

Eurostars Conquistador
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Hallways were dirty, bathroom was dirty, the bedding was nearly non existent.! I slept fully clothed so no part of me touched the bed. It felt more like a motel 6 than a 4 star hotel. The atmosphere was more like a dormitory. And they charged me 259 euros a night!!! This was completely unjustifiable. I checked online, they don't even have a room for that price. The hotel is located in a great location but then again, there are other hotels on the same square so they are not better because of this in any way. I would never recommend anyone to visit this hotel. Although Cordoba itself is spectacular!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank lostnyctraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed 19 March 2013

We arrived by train and walked from the station through the narrow streets of the Jewish quarter - it took just under an hour but was very pleasant.
The hotel has a very attractive reception area with a lovely courtyard off, there is also a very interesting area where some of the old walls have been excavated and preserved within the hotel.
Our room was very nice and clean, we enjoyed a meal in the restaurant one night, on the other nights we ate in the one of the many restaurants next to the Mezquita.
We paid extra for a "room with a view", but this is simply a view of the (very atractive) walls of the Mezquita which are about 15 metres away - to see the sky, or to look along the street you have to lean out of the window.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

This hotel is right next door to the mexquita. Our room faced the incredible and beautiful architecture of the building. The central courtyard of the hotel is charming and lovely. The room was ok but the mattress was hard and the air con only has the option to heat in winter. As we were there during a warm spell and I need cool air to sleep it meant that I did not sleep well. I asked if they could loan me an electric fan but they said none were available. For a 4 star hotel I thought this was a shame and so I can only give a mixed review.

Room Tip: If I stayed again, I'd consider losing the view and getting a courtyard room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

this was a perfect stay. I booked over the phone, Carmen spoke good english, she promised a view over the mosque which we got, there ws no fuss about reservation numbers of credit cards, when we arrived immediate help with bags and parking, super room, excellent breakfast for reasonable 9 euros. Helpful staff. Terrific location, right by Mezquita. Highly recommended. Nice building with patioo garden and fountains, tho too cold to use when I was there. And everything worked...

Room Tip: All rooms very reasonable in price. 49 for double and 69 for rooms overlooking the mosque itself, we...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This was a great hotel in a fantastic location for visiting the Mezquita and the Jewish Quarter with lots of interesting shops and alleyways on cobbled streets (wear flat shoes !) The staff there are excellent, pleasant and very helpful. Rafael the concierge was very helpful assisting in parking the car in the underground car park, (which is a boon in the city) and bringing our luggage to our room. The room was lovely and overlooked the inner courtyard. The breakfast was varied and plentiful. We ate in the restaurant one evening and enjoyed our meal.
We would most certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are quiet, sound of the fountain splashing gently is very soothing.
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The hotel is more like a palace the rooms are spacious and very clean. the staff are very nice and the location could not be any better. The price of the hotel is also very reasonable considering the quality and the location of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank novid_manu
Reviewed 5 March 2013

As everyone says, it is the best location. If you want to visit the cathedral at 8:30 for free, the door is literally across the street. The internet was great. Easy to drive to and the parking garage is great. They park your car and bring it out when you need it. The rooms are small and the beds are lumpy (and firm), but that was my expectation. The bathroom exceeded our expectations in size. Loved the bar in the hotel and the courtyard. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. For 53 euros a night, it was a great value. Best I have experienced in all my european travels.